Training Questions

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Wrecked_Harley, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Wrecked_Harley

Wrecked_Harley Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Chandler, AZ
    As I comb through all the threads I repeatedly see the question asking “who pays the best for no experience drivers?”. I would like to know if anyone can recommend companies in the Phoenix area that would provide the best training to prepare me for my new career. What do I look for in a company and what questions do I ask recruiters? At almost 47 years old I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. I am prepared for a couple years of less than perfect situations while I gain experience and learn the craft. I have already been told that I will have some advantage since I will be funding my own schooling. I don’t mind starting at the bottom, paying my dues to prove myself as long as I am working for someone that is willing to help me acquire the tools and knowledge to succeed and grow. Please tell me if this is the same fantasy as the guys that what to make $100k a year working M-F 8-5 driving a truck. I appreciate your time, thanks for reading.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    If your driving record is good than there are opportunities for a decent job right out of school. Check into Danny Herman or Freymiller.

Chinatown and justa_driver Thank this.
  4. justa_driver

justa_driver Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Tennessee
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    100K a year? HA. Not in a non union situation you wont.

Maybe in 10 years as the American dollar continues to inflate against the Mi6 money supply in circulation and approach zimbabwe levels of worthless.

You will learn that every day you don't break anything, hit anyone or do damage to the freight in that trailer is a good day (Or night)

The day that you do run into something, someone or break the cargo is when you will have people yelling at you. Your ability to continue on as a employed trucker will hang by a thread.

You are going to be dealing with rules, laws and regulations that are grotesque. You will see a shipper with trucks and trailers down a road somewhere, it has a sign no trucks with a policeman sitting at the corner. What do you do? That's a very oversimplification. But you get the idea. Your time is not yours. It is the ELD that will decide when you stop where you are at and not move a inch pending violations until necessary sleeper time has passed etc.

KevinM816 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.