Training with Alliance Driver a mistake?

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by pharrari, Feb 20, 2013.

1. nascarchuck

nascarchuck Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    Its been 3 days, how about an update?

I had a good chunk of my requirements done within the first week. I was ready to come back to the yard by the end of my 4th week. The lat two things were the NE dock bump and the NW region.

Neither of my trainers would let me back up and truth be known I never did bump the NE dock. He just signed me off. I failed my backing test when it was time to go into grad but I passed it the next day. I should had been more aggressive in this area with my trainers.

You have a trainer that needs to be weeded out in a hurry!

TRKRSHONEY and KMac Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pharrari

pharrari Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Sanford,FL
    Alright so, the truck is busted once again. Having that everything happened so quickly over the weekend with the office being closed and whatnot, I'll have time to call the office first thing in the morning. I'm all the way in Cheyenne, WY. I'm going to do some shopping for an airline ticket back to Dallas, I don't want to spend a ton of time screwing around on a bus. So his truck hit the SCR/DEF problem again. After we parked he requested a repower and we had to drop off a Walmart load. After that, the truck was screwed. It only got up to 15 mph and at times no faster than 5mph. It was taken to Kenworth this morning so I only assume that it will take a few days to fix, but I'm not waiting on it. I took all my stuff out the truck and now I'm in this hotel. I'm a T4 and I'm curious as to if they will allow me to start over with a trainer who has some sense and knows that the training is to get me prepared for solo driving. I still haven't even got half of the miles required or touched the mountains required. I'll let Stevens know that I would never recommend this guy to be a trainer, he's only been a trucker for 3 years, company for the first year and alliance the 2. I hope there's a survey for the trainers so that Steven's knows who to go to for training OTR. I don't mind starting over because this is my career, I don't want to get a boot legged version of how this company wants me to perform.

4. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    There is indeed an evaluation you will fill out. Be honest when filling it out. Maybe if others had done so you wouldn't be going through what you are now. They can bring him back and send him through the trainers course again. Sounds like a refresher would not hurt.

TRKRSHONEY and pharrari Thank this.
  5. nascarchuck

nascarchuck Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX

I know that if you run out of DEF, you wont go over just a few MPH. Im sure there are other DEF related problems that cause that as well.

Who is your counselor (I understand of you dont want to say)? Are you making the weekly check calls with your counselor Mine (Max) would ask about my miles and other requirements.

And yes, you do grade your trainer. If there are some issues they wont take any action for awhile so the trainer wont know who complained.

TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  6. BigTruckChuck

BigTruckChuck Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Dallas
    I thought all trainers drove on students logs. I know mine did.

7. pharrari

Nov 21, 2012
    Sanford,FL
    Yeah I have Max. I made my weekly call-ins but I always got voicemail and suddenly I started to drive in the mornings so I had no time to try to speak with Max personally. On Monday since I'm in a hotel, I will definitely get a hold or someone.

TRKRSHONEY and nascarchuck Thank this.
  8. stlvance

stlvance Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    st louis MO
    i was backing most of the time with my trainer hunts point,different truckstops along the way etc about the only time he did it was in downtown philly but that was because i drove us in there overnight. i was on the truck 7 weeks due to not being on the westside but it all worked out. glad i had a trainer who actually trained

TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  9. pharrari

Nov 21, 2012
    Sanford,FL
    I'm coming back home on a bus to Dallas!

KMac and 123456 Thank this.
  10. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    Cool, good luck.

pharrari Thanks this.
  11. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    I always used to advise against going to Stevens, here's another perfect example..........Good Luck !!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.