Training with Alliance Driver a mistake?

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by pharrari, Feb 20, 2013.

1. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Not sure it's fair to indict the whole company because of jack ### trainer... we have some very good ones to.

That said Stevens is a starter or training company, not many are here long. Hopefully he gets a good trainer and moves on with his career.

TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pharrari

pharrari Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Sanford,FL
    Its not the company, its the trainer. The company cares about its trainee drivers otherwise if they werent a true company, they would have told me to deal with it, but this is not the case! They want successful and safe drivers because thats what keeps em rolling. If anyone who is thinking about going to work for Stevens, i encourage you to still proceed. Every company has bad egg trainers and this is a testiment of one. Just like when you do research on any company, don't let all the negatives get to you, there is still good things aboht the company and each persons expectations and experiences are different, but just be aware of things like this. This is partly my fault because I should not have given the trainer a benefit of doubt. Maybe after hearing his life story, I gave him a chance to let him train me but he clearly took advantage of me. Anyway, this part is over with and I'll keep you all posted on what happens next! I'm at another hotel because I got bumped out the one I was in but fortunately this hotel is a stop for the bus. The bad thing is I'm in an area where the T-chek cards dont work at just any ATM, so I'll get a taxi to take me to a truck stop so I can use my
    card.

newlife1966 and TRKRSHONEY Thank this.
  4. nascarchuck

nascarchuck Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    And this only happens at Stevens and no where else...

5. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Stevens is a training company, it's what they do. No excuse for this crap.........

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  6. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    I think we have all acknowledged that fact, I in fact used those very words... training company. What we are saying is that not every trainer is like this jack wagon, and indicting the entire group of them due to the actions of one is no different than me stating a company is unsafe and you shouldn't drive for them because I saw one of their trucks in a ditch.

Much more to do with the driver.

7. YukonMark

YukonMark Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Houston, Tx
    With all that being said, I personally wish that I had a trainer that was not Alliance. The trainer I went with had a near new tractor. The one time something went wrong, it was a minor fixit, apu a/c.

I am on the road gradfleet. My peterbilt, for the first week I had it, had a problem every other day. I learned to either fix it myself, on the fly, or get help from roadrescue on the road.

The time the DPF light went on, then the check engine light lit up, I was freakin. Not to mention the continually reappearing trailer abs alarm showing up.

If I had a trainer with a POS for a tractor, I probably wouldn't have had so stressful a time, learning repair procedures on the fly. Just sayin...but thats me.

navypd and newlife1966 Thank this.
  8. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    I went with an alliance trainer. He picked my up in his mostly new T700 (24k miles) with a broken a/c in June... We headed straight across the desert to Santa Fe Springs... then up to the valley and on to Iowa where we finally got it fixed.

9. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...61699-ptl-paschall-truck-lines-murray-ky.html

10. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Rick, I think you're on the wrong planet here. This thread has NOTHING to do with Alliance of Arden, NC.
    This is a thread on the Alliance Lease division of Stevens Transport. No connection to each other.
    Please read a thread before making an off the wall comment that has nothing to do with the price of beans in Boston!

11. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    This Highway leads to the shadowy tip of reality: you're on a through route to the land of the different, the bizarre, the unexplained. Go as far as you like on this road. It's limits are only those of the mind itself. Ladies and Gentlemen you are entering the wondrous dimension of imagination... Next Stop, The Twilight Zone

:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.