Trans Am Still

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Cranky Yankee, Jun 30, 2014.

1. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Like I said the one she gave me on Pleasant Hill Rd in Scarborough, is a doggy day care. I found a spreadsheet online, which included exactly ZERO washout locations in the entire state of Maine. Thank god I noticed the one behind the Circle K. Did an internet search and came up with one in Fairfield Maine, called the number, got a voicemail, left a message around 9am and never got a callback all day. Spent a lot of my 14 chasing my tail today and I have a big one at that. Frustrating to say the least.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jaso36

jaso36 Medium Load Member

Jan 19, 2012
    West End,Nc
    I used a mobile washout that the paper company had the number of, when I have delivered in Maine. It cost Trans Am $60 but it was better than riding around and losing a few hours

4. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    That is the correct place. Sorry I was to lazy to look it before. The DM's have access to a directory called the NTTS, if they're not to dang lazy to look in it. It's called the national truck and trailer repair. DM was an idiot, and sad to say, so was I. Should've posted it earlier.

5. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    You could probably send a breakdown message also. Explain that the DM wasn't giving any help. That ought to piss them off!!!!

HometimeQueen Thanks this.
  6. HometimeQueen

HometimeQueen Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Missouri
    We also learned to think outside the box when searching for trailer washouts ......We have a tendency to just think in terms of the trailer, but many times tanker washouts will do the trailer for you. Large RV sales .....they sometimes will do a washout for you. Just run your searches and start getting them on the phone. We have found some unusual businesses that have power wash equipment and are willing to make $40 .....you just have to get a business receipt. We never had any trouble with TransAm not paying.

Panhandle flash and gntorres61 Thank this.
  7. .honeybadger.

.honeybadger. Road Train Member

Sep 30, 2012
    FL
    George, if finding a washout is a problem, you can DIG unless it's a crazy combo mess. Coffee grounds neutralize reefer funk if there is any. When I was in Cali I was too lazy to go to the truck wash, I was done with traffic that day. I swept my trailer out and then got a gallon of water. I poured it a little at a time over the bloody spots, letting them all get soaked. Once all blood was covered, I took the broom and lightly scrubbed the spots and it wiped away easily. Then used clean water to rinse everything toward the drain holes. Let it dry and had no problems getting reloaded the next day.

8. .honeybadger.

.honeybadger. Road Train Member

Sep 30, 2012
    FL
    Oh, and HTQ I'm at home until Monday!

HometimeQueen Thanks this.
  9. HometimeQueen

May 7, 2012
    Missouri
    Oh yes ......do a search for mobile power wash services also!

10. HometimeQueen

May 7, 2012
    Missouri
    Glad you made it home safe and sound. Enjoy! I hope the headaches are all gone ......and please remember to have them check for exhaust leaks! I'm gonna keep reminding you until you tell me that they checked it out and found nothing!

11. HometimeQueen

May 7, 2012
    Missouri
    You're still new to TransAm, George. You did a search and tried calling, followed what your DM told you, basically that's all that most drivers would have available to them ......but you're lucky ....you have us! That's the nice thing about those long runs .....next time run a search before you get there, if you don't find any, get on here and ask and I am sure we will come up with something. We just need enough time for all of us to chime in.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.