Trans Am Still

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Cranky Yankee, Jun 30, 2014.

1. jaso36

jaso36 Medium Load Member

Jan 19, 2012
    West End,Nc
    They took back over central refridgerated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. krazyhorsechick

krazyhorsechick Medium Load Member

May 19, 2013
    I can't get into driver central and I still have a statement coming tomorrow. What do I do please help

4. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    I knew they bought Central but this was actually a Swift trailer.

5. .honeybadger.

.honeybadger. Road Train Member

Sep 30, 2012
    FL
    You might need to call payroll. We got paid today because tomorrow is a holiday.

krazyhorsechick Thanks this.
  6. krazyhorsechick

krazyhorsechick Medium Load Member

May 19, 2013
    I called and they told me in about 3 weeks I would receive my final statement. This is so wrong on so many levels. I drove only 1900 miles but there stuff got there I should get paid for my time. I'm so upset about this but guess I can't do anything.

7. jaso36

Jan 19, 2012
    West End,Nc
    I do not want to bring you bad news but they will probably not pay you and not only that but send you a bill.

8. jaso36

Jan 19, 2012
    West End,Nc
    Swift owned Central years ago but the owner was under indictment and gave it to his daughter and in 08 when he was cleared of charges he was trying to get it back cause daughter was going through a divorce and husband did not want to give it up. Or at least that is what I was told when I worked there in 08. Central used to be #### Simon(the skunk was on the trailer) and swift bought them and Central I believe in 05 or 06 and merged them both.

9. jungHo

jungHo Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2014
    NC
    Took my grandkids to their dad this morning. They are sweet, loved having them here, but they are so full of energy. I've gotta get rested up to recuperate!

BTW, the Walmart driver that got in the accident, that was reported as him not having slept for 24+ hours, was actually speeding. I read an article on FB Truckers Report. If I recall correctly, he was going 65 in a 45 mph zone. He was like 13 hrs 20 min. along in his 14 hr schedule. Several people, truckers it seems, commented he was most likely trying to rush to get his load done before his 14 was up. Seems likely but isn't worth an accident. Walmart checked his elogs for the info.

HometimeQueen Thanks this.
  10. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Even I, masterful logger that I am, can screw up on occasion and the lady that does our logs was thrilled. She came out, almost jumping for joy, to let me know. Seems that I miscounted a sleep break (15 minutes), and that gave me an 11 and 14 hr violation. Told her she could call that her early xmas present. Dang!!! She has a BD before then. lol Luckily, it was an easy fix. Since she might only catch me 2 or 3 times a year, I'll give her her joy. hehehehehe

HometimeQueen and jungHo Thank this.
  11. jungHo

jungHo Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2014
    NC
    Hurricane Arthur is really in the news here! Anyone else in its path, be safe! It's supposed to be hot next week, our after the storm gift. Bleuch!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted