Trans Am Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by the outcast, Oct 23, 2007.

1. the pope

the pope Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Orlando
    most of them have apu's. the trucks that dont are starting to be extinct. the thermo king tri-pacs are awesome. I had to deal with a rig master on the classic and that thing was a piece of crap, even cought on fire one night on me in salinas, ks. the guy sleeping next to me woke me up, thank god it was right when it was starting and it was only the apu. i made sure i didnt get a preventable for that one :biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. the pope

Feb 13, 2007
    Orlando
    No not me but but that is sad to hear. do you know the details of it?

4. bigo1969

bigo1969 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2007
    florida
    I met the guy yesterday. He said someone walked right in front of his truck, the guy was killed on impact. The driver was headed home, I had to pick his load up. He's a bit shaken, but is holding up pretty good.

5. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    I am glad to hear the guy is ok. Worse comes to worse and he will need a couple of days off.

Pope, glad to hear you are ok and thanks for the information on Trans Am. They seem like a wonderful outfit to run with.

Hunter

6. Biker_Bill

Biker_Bill Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2007
    Romeo, MI
    Well just finished my first day of Trans Am orientation. So far I think it is going to be a good company to drive for.

7. the outcast

the outcast Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2007
    spring hill fla
    i work for trans am i drive a grey t600 07 started nov 11th 07
    got my truck dec 15th im on the fac fleet left out jan 2nd just got home
    0230 today this is the first i have seen fla since i left its getting harder to get freight in and out of fla dispatch asked me yesterday if i would consider switch ing to ks more miles they said i dont screw around i do
    my miles and hours i run and dont turn nothing down even a 18 mile pu # deliver i went as far as augsta maine last week. florida is alot of short
    runs but like the company a freind leases with them i made the same thig he did last payday but they took out taxes on my so i see it as more money being company rember that truck cost you 850.00 aweek plus fuel and matiance so thank hard be fore doing a lease. be safe

8. the pope

Feb 13, 2007
    Orlando
    yep i was called up too about maybe switching back to national fleet. what i was told was that they might be dismantling the florida fleet and they wanted to know if i were to stick with transam after what was said and done or moving on to another company. i told them id stay considering that i dont have my year in yet with them and i need that time to get something local. they did say i might have to switch trucks which would make it a 5th time i switch trucks with them in less than a year. not really complaining because the chances i get a columbia (roomier) is good but ####, i like this 660, its so sharp looking :biggrin_25510:

9. the pope

Feb 13, 2007
    Orlando
    as far as freight coming or going to florida. ive been able to get in about every week or so passed my house in orlando on average. i did have two back to back runs from tampa bay fisheries to mbm in columbus, that was fun /sarcasm

im finishing a run right now here in charlotte, picking up a load going back to lakeland for monday morning getting me home right on time for the super bowl and i didnt even request it :biggrin_25514:

10. marinedriver

marinedriver Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Salem, OR
    What is Trans Ams policy on taking the truck home during home time?

11. the pope

Feb 13, 2007
    Orlando
    you can take it home if you have secure parking for the tractor and trailer. meaning you can drop the trailer somewhere near by and take the tractor home unless its loaded. if its loaded, the tractor must stay with the trailer...that being said, not everybody worries about that because as long as you leave your trailers doors locked and the kingpin locked, nobody will mess with it. I parked mine at my local sams up the street. if you do plan to drop it somehwere, ANYWHERE, make sure the owners of the place are cool with it. If not, you're getting called sometime in the early hours of the morning from a ticked off disgrunted tow truck driver who cant tow your trailer...not speaking from experience or anything :biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.