Trans Logistics Henderson, NV

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Wooly Rhino, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    This is my only posting on my experience with Trans Logistics out of Henderson, NV. They are a new company run by two very nice young people. I signed on with them thinking they had something I needed but when I got my first check I released I was terribly wrong. Now because they are young and new, I am not saying they won't change over time and become a good company to work with but make sure you negotiate with them first.

They do not have their own freight. They get loads off of load boards. They charge 21% of the total for this service which includes a rented trailer. The trailer is a POS. Spray painted by thugs. Trailer is a 2009 Wabash with patches on the sides. Rent should be about 140 a month. They charged me 380 for the first week. 1338 total. I pay for all the permits. The plates and everything. I even pay for the carrier insurance. So then the trailer has 3 bad tires on it. Metal showing on the bottom. The rusty wheels have been spray painted. I tell them they need new tires and they say the trailer comes AS IS. I am going to have to buy new tires. You can tell the trailer has set for a long time and the rubber on the tires is degraded.

Now one of the things that really bothered me was when she (one of the owners, cute little thing) said that I was building equity in the truck. Now other them my PhD in Physics, my BSNE from USAFA, I have a MBA from Harvard. Equity in a Depreciating Asset. That is a new one on me. I thought she was joking but the third time she told it to me, I was convinced she just didn't know. Well that is the way I sum up my experience, they just don't know what they are doing. Broker to Broker loads should pay 90% to the driver. Trailer repairs and cost are 100% on the Company. 80% goes to the driver on Company Freight. Period.

And to top it off, they kept $500 for an escrow fund.

Give them time and they may learn but not on my dime.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Wow. I don't believe any of this until I see a pic of said cute owner!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    FlaSwampRat, Woodys, TST65 and 4 others Thank this.
  4. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    That has to be the nicest, negative post I have ever read on here. And actually detailed to boot. They might be nice people but it doesn't sound like they're off to a very good start. Glad you got out early.

Swedish Chef and Canned Spam Thank this.
  5. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL

AND it actually makes sense and written in an intelligent manner!

Lonesome and AM14 Thank this.
  6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    There's hope for the human race just yet.;)

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
    What were their promises before You leased to them? In writing or hand shake?

8. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    They were in writing. Again, I believe they are good people but the numbers do not work. Somethings were not covered by the lease agreement. I would just caution everyone else to negotiate the lease and not just sign it as send it back. Now during the "break up" period I have found them to me honorable, just a little petty. And there always is the problem with getting your last check. But that is to be expected.

9. TST65

TST65 Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Good for you that you allowed your 'Common sense' to function. Tires that bad will be the driver's expense , one way or another maybe even both ways .!! Ticket & tire's for those wondering !! Good day all

10. torotat66

torotat66 Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2011
    No, they do know what they are doing. I was with them from May of ‘16 till May of ‘18. The cute little thing has a name, Oana and her husband is Florin. They know how to steal and cheat their owners out of revenue, little bit at a time. For the record, I own my truck and trailer, 83/17 split. I also booked my own freight, had a sign in on their dat account for $50 a month. The only problem is they will double book to hide revenue, which cost them a couple big brokers, Mode and HUB being one of them. 12 cents off at Pilot/J. Left for another company in June of this year.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.