1. the oringinal back again

the oringinal back again Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Franklin, ar
    Honey badger, I will be in orientation on wed and I appreciate the good heads up. hiow long have you been o/o for TA?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. .honeybadger.

.honeybadger. Road Train Member

Sep 30, 2012
    FL
    I only started in December, my fiance started in September and I was the one managing all his fuel stops, ect so I was well-versed in running the numbers before I walked into my own lease. Having used my fiance as the guinea pig was the only reason I walked right into a lease. There have been no surprises since I started. I have had some issues, but not all of them are TransAm's fault, its just stuff that happens in big trucks. And if you get lucky enough to snag truck 95412, thats the truck I just turned in and could run 68mph because KW made a booboo, LOL. As long as they fixed the APU, its a great truck. I was sad to give it up as I was quite attached, but I just got a T680.

4. kf4omc

kf4omc Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Clearwater, FL
    Limit your home time too!! You cant be going home a few day every month. if you take a few days off it takes almost 3 weeks to get back to normal. HOme time is what killed my money. Had fun with it thou. My 6 month lease is up at end of the month and I plan on not renewing since I just got engaged and need to be home. Will look for something local.

russellkanning Thanks this.
  5. BigDaddy6767

BigDaddy6767 Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2013
    How is transam if you just want to ne a company driver?

6. .honeybadger.

Sep 30, 2012
    FL
    Company is the safe choice. The gal Im giving a ride home to clears $1000 a week after taxes. She does swaps all the time, but runs hard and makes money. At least company drivers are pretty much guaranteed paychecks.

Rumblestrip Thanks this.
  7. BigDaddy6767

BigDaddy6767 Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Thanks I am starting orientation today. I really don't want to lease I have no problem running hard but would like some ht here and there. With just starting out I don't need any extra headaches and from reading all the post leasing off the bat doesn't sound like a good idea. I haven't seen any recent post on the company just driving for them, just complaining about The lease .

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  8. Chunkywolf

Chunkywolf Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2009
    St Louis, MO
    I was a company driver up until the end of September '12 but I still keep in touch will another guy who's still a company driver with them. He's doing pretty well, but he hasn't taken any hometime in 5 months so they run him hard. I took off about once a month(2-3 days), and at the end of the day managed to gross around 720 and net 640 a week(that is an accurate average). Some weeks I'd net 1200 with the way the loads landed(delivering a 1500 mile load on Friday morning, grrrr). I was legally logging 650-670 miles for every day I drove(on paper OR elog). It's a good starting point, and my advice is to keep looking around for other options while you drive, you never know what you'll find.

9. kirk

kirk Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2009
    ks
    Trans-Am will keep you running untill you tell them you want to go home. If you dont ever tell them you want to go home they will keep you running forever. That sounds like a good deal to me.

10. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    for a company driver to CLEAR $1000 you figure it out 4000 miles @ $.30 = $1200 before taxes
    a driver with 5 years at transam...................................4000 miles @ $ .35 = $1400 before taxes

how often does anyone see 4000 miles on elogs
    in a 62 mph truck

lies are only as good as they are believable

jomar68 and Rumblestrip Thank this.
  11. .honeybadger.

Sep 30, 2012
    FL
    She showed me the settlements screen on the phone and there were multiple settlements where she took home at least 1000. Some were less, but 600 was the lowest I saw on the front screen. Her biggest settlements were when she had students and ran it as a team truck, but she also had pretty sizeable paychecks solo too. Power to her, Im happy doing what I do.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.