Transflow, and the scam that Knight is running!

Discussion in 'Knight' started by tracyq144, Oct 4, 2010.

1. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    Ah, Jeez.

The only thing I can agree with is "don't pay for all miles driven", and that's because they pay HHMG, like 99% of all other companies out there.

A few companies pay hub miles, but they are few and far between. I've never worked for one that did pay hub miles, but I bet they make up for it in other ways. Maybe not, but I would be surprised.

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Maybe a company that pays HHG should allow the driver to log HHG and deliver it HHG.

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  4. tracyq144

Feb 15, 2009
    MN

Yeah, maybe they should. Maybe they should pay extra for scaling, fueling, PTI, checking the oil, etc. But they don't, never have, and to bring something like that up just shows that you are in la-la land.

5. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    No, I am not paid HHG. And I do not work for a company. I own my truck.

I was just pointing out how much is lost to the driver under HHG. Would they want the load delivered that way?

6. tracyq144

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    So, like most company drivers who have their head screwed on straight, you consider all of those "extras" to really be part of the total settlement, right?

And, as an O/O, do your loads pay "hub miles"? Or are you given a quote for what a load pays, and you choose your own route? And, is that always the absolute shortest route?

7. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    I have worked for the company that paid me by HHG. 12 miles equals 47 to get to the point of shipping. Paid 12 miles. I am not degrading a company driver. Please keep that in mind.

I am paid by practical routing. I choose my routes. Most of the time it is more than the miles I end up with.

8. statikuz

statikuz Medium Load Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Reno Nevada
    Alrighty - what will probably be a painfully obvious question once someone answers... what's HHG and HHMG stand for?

9. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    It basically means Mover's Miles, or, more accurately, zip code to zip code, shortest route.

Hub miles (commonly called Practical Miles) can be a detriment too. I like to route myself and sometimes deliberately go out of route...sometimes to see someone, sometimes because of terrain, sometimes for weather and sometimes just because I feel like it. If I am running "hub miles" I am required to conform to the routing the company wants me to take. Gordon (GTI) is a Practical Miles payer. Or they used to be.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.