Transmission fluid type on 2016 t680

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Adrian Delgado, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Adrian Delgado

Adrian Delgado Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2015
    I need to know what type of transmission fluid, oil fluid and coolant fluid requires on a 2016 Kenworth t680 so I can have them on stock. Anybody?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Transmission oil = 50W synthetic. Do you know how to check the oil on the tranmission and where to fill it? If so, get a vacuum pump (little squeeze ball with some clear tubing on either side), because you're not gonna successfully get the tip of that bottle into where that transmission fill plug is on the 680

Engine Oil = 15W40, API CJ4 rated.

Coolant = whatever your company uses. Some companies use the green coolant, some use the red Extended Life Coolant. Do not mix the two. Some fleets run that blue Cummins coolant, which is supposed to be blendable with either.

And 75W-90 gear oil is what's most commonly used in hubs and differentials. If your company uses a different weight, they can safely be blended.

Adrian Delgado Thanks this.
  4. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I wouldn't be too concerned about transmission grease. An engine can burn oil, blow it past the rings and out the valves, as well as leaking in dozens of places. A transmission will leak at 2 places, the input shaft and output shaft. I have owned 5 trucks and been driving for 16 years. I have yet to add transmission grease.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Adrian Delgado Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.