Transmission High Side not engaging.

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by TruckDrivin04, Nov 25, 2017.

1. RoadRunner36

RoadRunner36 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Having the same issue in my freightliner w an eaton fuller 13speed.

High range works better on 6th and 7th than it does on 8th... and it works like 1% of the time in 9th, so I mostly just drive as a 9 speed until I figure out what to do...

Thanks for your input this far JJ and Dino.

2. 30 Minutes

30 Minutes Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2013
    What was the problem?

3. 30 Minutes

Feb 17, 2013
    What was the problem?

4. 30 Minutes

Feb 17, 2013
    What was ur problem?

5. RoadRunner36

RoadRunner36 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2019
    I Tried replacing the slave cylinder and I already forget the other 2 air gizmos on the tranny and still get the same result. A couple times it felt like the gears weere sticking a little bit longer as first, but then back to almost pure slipping in the hi end.
    Its always good on the low side.

6. BigRigBillyTrucking

BigRigBillyTrucking Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2017
    TEXAS
    I was having a similar issue where I could not go from 4th gear low to 5th gear High or basically from low gear into high gear. I had to drive 15 miles an hour for 6 or 7 hours to finish up my load LOL and then I went to the Freightliner dealer in Albany Georgia and I replace the solenoid valve that goes on the high low splitter, the air filter housing and the slave valve. It was a b**** I am not going to lie but I feel I saved over 2 or 3 grand doing it myself.

All's I did was Google 13 speed Eaton Fuller transmission Air diagram and that's how I figure it out what's parts were related to the air components of the transmission and then I just guesstimate at the rest and I lucked out and was correct.

7. Qiiroo

Qiiroo Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2022
    Hello fellas, I'm new to this thread. My issue is with an Eaton Fuller 10 speed. It shifts perfectly; from reverse to 5th gear, but as soon as I shift to high gear (6th), it does not shift. I took the cap and even changed the air assembly, and it kept doing the same problem. Tranny cap is off, and I tried to see if it was the synchronizer that engages the high and low. It does not leak air, O-rings are in good condition, and it still does not engages high gears. Any advice, I only have a year of experience, and I am still learning this kind of new stuff.

8. ryantcastro92

ryantcastro92 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2019

Anyone know this problem

9. ryantcastro92

ryantcastro92 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2019
    I have this same problem

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.