transmission on T660

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by lzgny, May 13, 2015.

1. lzgny

lzgny Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2014
    hi.
    i have situation here. i have 2010 T660 , when it is parked for 1-2 days and i start driving it everything is normal but after 3-4 hours of driving ( when trailer is loaded ) i get some weird noise on 1-2-3 gear. for example if i stop and go on traffic light i can hear some noise ( its transmission for sure) but then noise goes away. cant really explain what kind of noise is that but its similar to when on manual transmission you try to put on gear and its not going on that gear.
    i went to dealer , they checked on the computer no error. drove it and couldnt hear the noise ( truck was parked for couple of days before they checked it ).

does anyone had similar situation , what can it be ? is there way to test tranny fluid like you do for the engine at speedco ?
    thanks in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Yes you can sample the transmission fluid. Is it an automatic?

4. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    how many miles,,not enough info,, check your lube level,

5. lzgny

lzgny Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2014
    Its automatic eaton fuller.
    413000 miles on it. Bought it few weeks ago from arrow .
    in the beginning everything was smooth , now noise ( specially when have loaded trailer) nad today it was jerking on 2,3,4,5,gears and then smooth again. I m assuming it is clutch issue . Will take to shop tomorrow or monday to check the clutch.

Tx to ca Thanks this.
  6. Tx to ca

Tx to ca Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2019
    I got same problem going on with my truck, when i drive it for 2-3hours,stop on a light &when i take of it jerks untill speed 35 or till 8th gear, what was the problem?and how much did it cost?? Also my trans temp. Gauge going high too, with 90temp. Outside my gauge goes upto 230 nd last week it went to 250 on hill with 100 temp. Outside

7. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Sometimes people forget that, with an autoshift truck, you still have to grease the throwout bearing. The zerks are on the right side of the transmission and a lot of people miss those if they’re already aware of them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.