Transport America Info???

Discussion in 'Transport America' started by tmellen58, Oct 10, 2009.

1. CA_Medicine_Woman

CA_Medicine_Woman Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Oak Creek, WI
    Northern Plains, Midwest, and East. They have some teams that go out to California (no solos that I'm aware of, and that's what I've been told). In my experience, most of their freight is around the Great Lakes area and Southeast. I don't know what the CalArk side does (they had just bought them when I hired on).

All the loads I hauled were east of I-35, which is what I was told by recruiting. I averaged 2,100 miles per week, excluding the worst and best weeks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tiger58

tiger58 Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2010
    So Central Georgia
    Anyone know Marc Slettedahl? He was my DM back in 99/00, when I drove for TA. I heard he is still there.

4. notsobigal

notsobigal Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Do they go to central Florida?

5. truckin4alivin

truckin4alivin Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2009
    MN
    They do go to central florida. TA bought out Southern Cal not Calark.

CA_Medicine_Woman Thanks this.
  6. praisegod2012

praisegod2012 Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2011
    columbus georgia
    do ta take student driver

7. CA_Medicine_Woman

CA_Medicine_Woman Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Oak Creek, WI
    Just an update on TCAM:

Do not make repairs, nor assist others in making repairs, to any TCAM equipment. If your rig requires repairs to meet USDOT minimum requirements, and they refuse to make them, do not object. Simply document the rig is out of service in your DVIR, and why. Then demand a signature that the repairs have been done before driving it. If ordered to drive a rig that does not meet USDOT safety requirements, immediately contact state law enforcement.

Carry your own (independent of TCAM) health insurance, occupational accident insurance (Workman's Compensation insurance), as well as short and long term disability insurance. Let their lawyers deal with the unethical and illegal conduct of TCAM's WC insurance carrier, who is based outside the US and therefor feels no obligation to pay a penny (they spend far more on lawyers fighting each and every claim in court, as well as on appeals, than they do actually getting an injured worker back to work).

If you cannot afford that level of insurance coverage, my advice, after the now 10 month nightmare I've been dealing with, is to drive for someone who doesn't use foreign companies to provide their insurance (against which you will have no recourse).

Trust me, they'll see you dead before they pay a penny.

8. hardwick4208

hardwick4208 Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2013
    my understanding is that they do a hair test for your drug screen. i got nothing to hide, just woundering lol... is that true ??

9. thasharp

thasharp Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Memphis tn

yes they do require a hair test

10. The GYG

The GYG Light Load Member

May 19, 2012
    Illinois
    If people make their decisions from what the CA Woman is saying, then you dont need to be with TA. I drive for TA and more than half of what she is saying is a lie. Best to go to a truck stop and talk to a driver.

11. SwervyMervyn99

SwervyMervyn99 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Madison, WI
    I drive for TA as well, and from my point of view........there must be better companies than this. I had to sit for 8 hours at a customer yesterday waiting to get a service truck sent to me.......and that wasn't the companies fault, it was the previous driver who didn't report it....but then again, it is the companies fault because there are no consequences for not reporting things that need to be fixed.....but if you listen to drivers from other companies they have the same complaints as I do....so maybe the better option is like finding a needle in a haystack

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.