Transport Designs

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Bemidjiflash, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Saienga

Saienga Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Well bollocks! I was interested in these guys until I saw this thread. Thanks for helping me dodge the bullet.

When 4 guys complain about a company with 5000 trucks, I shrug. When 4 guys complain about a company with 150 trucks, I pay attention.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nyprk65

nyprk65 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Well .. a update, kinda,lol. Been with Transport Design Inc going on 6 mos now.. only thing I can say for sure, as long as your truck doesnt go down they have the miles to keep you going and happy. BUT thats the main PROBLEM.. All their Trucks are over 7 yrs and with over 8ooK on them..THEY KEEP BREAKIN DOWN!!! and you are left sitting around for 2, 3 days waiting on repairs. With little or no breakdown pay. Hell for that matter No real benefits IE: Holiday pay, dental, decent health ins..etc.. Last I checked NO PLANS for replacement trucks. As for me Im now looking for a new carrier till then.. I pray my truck keeps moving forward.

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Same problem I had with them too...their maintenance on trucks is pathetic..the owner Leonard is extremely cheap on fixing equipment and from what I experienced, he expects drivers to fix his equipment for him on their dime.

5. pilottravel2002

pilottravel2002 Medium Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Tucson,az
    No good equipment.(i pass).

6. Michael76043

Michael76043 Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2012
    The Recruiter , The one with the Crew Cut will tell you to "Come on Down" if you are driving your own personal vehicle . A 100 plus one way ride that may not net you employment.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH , You did me a FAVOR ! I was denied for a Stop sign Ticket . He had all my info. It was a California stop , 2 MPH , Literally East of Cheyenne Wy Nowhere . I put my last 80.00 in the tank. 1995 1 ton 454 is all I got . 12 MPG , What a wasted trip, I should have stayed home. I'm Honestly Very Lucky it worked out this way .

7. pilottravel2002

pilottravel2002 Medium Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Tucson,az
    those recruiters are idiots,and why did u drive your own car???let them buy you a bus ticket.

8. okieboy

okieboy Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2012

If they are like USX, they will buy u a bus ticket there, but if they don't hire you, you have to pay your own way back home,,, or at least that's how they used to do,,, probably still do.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  9. Michael76043

Michael76043 Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Because it was Literally 90 something miles . There closest bus station to me is 45 miles the wrong way. It just seemed easiest at the time! Had no Idea I was wasting Time & Money . But I came out ahead.

10. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    A little off topic - or is it really?? Why are drivers such cheapskates? Who a rides a bus for a 90 mile trip if they have a car? I know people with normal jobs who drive almost that far in a daily commute and you balk at doing it once to get a job? A 90 mile trip that will cost maybe $25 in gas? Not really looking for an answer to that - it seems more amusing than anything else. :-D

11. Saienga

Saienga Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Lots of drivers have been around long enough (and through enough jobs) to have gotten screwed by an employer. "Oh, could you just throw $60 of reefer fuel in there? I'll reimburse you..."

And bye-bye $60.

This happens once or twice, and a lot of guys get to the point where the company's going to pay for it up front, come hell or high water.

Not quite my personal philosophy, but I've seen and heard enough folks talking that way to summarize.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.