TransX new owner operator rules in Canada

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Western fleet owner, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Western fleet owner

Western fleet owner Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2020
    So TransX has a new rule, Where all owner operators can have a minimum of 3 trucks on in any city in Canada ! Seems whack to me. I’ve got 7 on their right now , and I’m not being allowed to add more. I just love TransX because they don’t deduct anything but fuel Plus they keeps my trucks busy

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    So to get started with TransX as an O/O you need 3 trucks? Talk about jumping in full send!

4. Western fleet owner

Western fleet owner Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2020
    No. Sorry if u misunderstood me. What I meant to say was the maximum amount of truck an owner operator can put on with TransX can only be THREE. You can’t exceed that limit

5. Prairie Trucker

Prairie Trucker Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2021
    So will you have to take out your remaining 4 that exceed the three allowed? Looks like they want to create new oppurtunities

6. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Naw, they don’t want to let anyone get to big, and start throwing their weight around. I actually know why this rule came in lol, I guess an O/O with 15 trucks, took his drivers and walked. They were screwed for capacity, for 3 months in those lanes.

7. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    Good thing its a few hundred dollars to start a new company.

Just keep on making new companies if you want more trucks.
    Keep the companies DBA as the originally company to make sure insurance goes under all companies.

Prairie Trucker Thanks this.
  8. Dave124

Dave124 Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Seaboard has constant ads looking for o/o’s and drivers. As an o/o I like to know what’s going on so I made an enquiry. Pay is $1.67/mi plus $0.12/mi fuel surcharge. Minus $1200/month for their plates (mandatory). That’s pulling bulk super B at 63,500kg. Pulling their trailers.
    I said I burn $1.00/mi pulling full gross trains. More math, you are lucky to get 1000km per day (621miles). So 621mi x your remaining $0.79/mi (after fuel) is $490 per day on a good day.
    That’s assuming you don’t get screwed around on loading, unloading, and other wait time.
    So $40/hr to you AND your truck. On a good day...
    Know your math is the lesson.

9. Ol'Shusquatch

Ol'Shusquatch Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2019
    BC Interior
    Makes serving coffee and donuts at Timmy's look better all the time. At least guaranteed a min. wage and a daily sleep in a stationary bed.
    See no mention of depreciation, insurance, maintenance of all kinds, major breakdown allowance and heaven forbid, payments.
    Then the misc, overhead right down to the accountant and paper clips.
    Sad deal to say the least.

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  10. Dave124

Dave124 Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Absolutely, in 3 months you will be further behind than when you started. Any major breakdown or even several minor necessary repairs in a row and you are done.
    These companies like that are just parasites, eating up people and livelihoods and spitting them out. They know very well the numbers don’t work. They will use you for a month or two until you are broken and say goodbye.

BigHossVolvo and Ol'Shusquatch Thank this.
  11. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    This, literally 90% of companies in Canada that hire O/Os.

magoo68 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.