Travel ban ticket in Pa

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Buya, Feb 12, 2019.

1. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    Several Observations:
    I'm from the Pocono Mountains of beautiful Pa. for 64 years.
    Rt. 80 and 380 cuts us in half, and 380 cuts the top half in half, if that makes any sense?
    Three times in 50 years I saw snows over 3 feet.
    Travel ban on the Interstate for 4" of snow? W T Hey?
    Previous comment about PENNDOT screwing up, and being gun-shy seems correct.
    Also the part of it being a money grab, again with the soft targets taking the hit.
    I saw State trucks running the salt, but their plows were up??? Again, why?
    A broke State, running Tri-axle dumps around - with the plows up in the air. Brilliant.
    If U were to continue to plow - about one pass an hour after initial inch, "What snow?"
    Right, no snow, and no travel ban. That brings up another point.
    And how come its not a travel ban, but a Commercial vehicle ban?
    Are these commercial drivers not more skilled than cage drivers?

Enlighten me on the "Racing" comment, also.
    I've been pulled over in "Lil' Red" several times, for nothing, just to have the cop drool all over her.
    Two even asked me "Could you pop the hood for me?"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

The highlighted part gets interpreted very literally. Somebody speeds up to not let you pass, that's racing. Someone speeds up in order for you not to be able to merge into traffic, again racing. Pulling into an acceleration or deceleration lane in order to speed up and get ahead of traffic, again racing. Now it's likely speeding and careless or reckless may be tossed on top of that. What I'd like to see enforced is driving all the way to the end of an exit ramp in the left lanes then forcing in to the exiting traffic, often bringing one, two, even three lanes to a complete stop as they stop in the lane trying to merge.

They are starting to enforce this down in my area of SE PA as well as pulling around cars on the shoulder (crossing over the white line) while they are waiting to turn left, or when they just decide to pass on the shoulder itself. People just do what the hell they want around here without much enforcement. Kind of like I-81 through the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton corridor where it's 55 and everyone still does 70+ including 95% of 'professional drivers'.

PA TITLE 75

§ 3367. Racing on highways.

(a) Definitions.--As used in this section the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:

"Drag race." The operation of two or more vehicles from a point side by side at accelerating speeds in a competitive attempt to outdistance each other, or the operation of one or more vehicles over a common selected course, from the same point to the same point, for the purpose of comparing the relative speeds or power of acceleration of the vehicle or vehicles within a certain distance or time limit.

"Race." The use of one or more vehicles in an attempt to outgain, outdistance or prevent another vehicle from passing, to arrive at a given destination ahead of another vehicle or vehicles, or to test the physical stamina or endurance of drivers over long distance driving routes.

(b) General rule.--No person shall drive a vehicle on a highway in any race, speed competition or contest, drag race or acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, exhibition of speed or acceleration, or for the purpose of making a speed record, and no person shall in any manner participate in any such race, competition, contest, test or exhibition.

(c) Permits for special activities.--The department or local authorities within their jurisdiction may issue permits for special activities which would otherwise be prohibited by this section.

(d) Penalty.--Any person violating this section is guilty of a summary offense and shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay a fine of $200.

Cross References. Section 3367 is referred to in sections 1532, 1542, 1553, 6503 of this title.

4. well here you go CDL life is already posted on February 20th Wednesday that there is another ban about to go into effect now I'm out here in Texas by Houston but I know about it just as simple as that..now that most people know about it company should know about it they should just simply Qualcomm their drivers do not be driving there is no ban in effect yes it sucks but once again it's one of those things you got to deal with it..I was against CSA from the beginning in 20009 when they enacted the whole thing I started a 1989 I'm still new still trying to figure things out but once again like REO Speedwagon says got to roll with the changes if you want to play you got to learn the rules.. didn't like Elogs logs but I'm still rolling with the changes. however once again because of CSA and how many times even in states that don't have the band I just seen a couple of days ago in Missouri tons of trucks littered everywhere why because they were driving like idiots in the snow and ice they don't know how to drive normal because it don't have to be trained properly unfortunately. so that being said I see why Pennsylvania does it because they've had it where it's been closed for a day or two just trying to get trucks pulled and towed and out of the middle and off the side and everywhere else they just got tired of it people don't use common sense anymore. but here the point is I know about the Pennsylvania travel ban for commercial motor vehicles because I looked at CDL life this morning but I also know if I had to run up there I would be checking to see if the bans in effect by either going on 511 or looking at signs or checking out the local news feeds and just doing the simple Google search that's all you have to do nowadays is put in Pennsylvania truck ban in effect and you'll find out real quick...

5. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    Was my last post "Moderated out" - or did I forget to hit - POST REPLY??
    It wasn't too RACY?
    1" snow here now; BTW.

6. Pumpkin Oval Head

Pumpkin Oval Head Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Scranton PA
    I raced a car today in the slush to get ahead of him so my windshield would stay dry from his spray....
    I also raced past a group of cars so I could get into the right hand turn lane from the left lane.
    I have been racing my car ever since I moved to PA and I didn't know it!

rolls canardly Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.