Tremendous snoring while training.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Space Boogie, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Space Boogie

Space Boogie Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    I have two options. I am scheduled to start school on Monday. I'll be paying $3400 of my own money. But swift has offered to send me to school. I've heard they'll send you home for snoring. I figured I could ask my roomie during class to not tell on me. But what about my trainer? A month in a truck with me screaming in your ear seven hours a day could drive a man to stab me. When I say I snore I mean I can tear a house down. Mt Saint Helens had nothing on me. Before you jump to conclusions I'm 5'9" 179#. At swift will I get my license after school but before riding with a trainer or will I go through all that school and then have the trainer send me home with no license after suffering through my nocturnal howl for a week or two?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    You do their school, then test for your CDL. After that, you go with a trainer. So if he kicked you out, you still have that card in your pocket. However, if you can't complete the training with someone and don't eventually go to work for them, Swift will be more than happy to bill you for their school.

It is indentured servitude. That is the trade you make with them. No servitude, no free school.

4. Space Boogie

Nov 2, 2015
    You think they'll send me home for snoring?

5. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    No clue. But they may want you to be tested for sleep apnea. Do you know if you have that?

6. Gypsy27

Gypsy27 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Sleep apnea is a big deal in truck driving right now. Once you check I snore on your DOT physical form, sleep apnea test will most likely be ordered.

7. Space Boogie

Nov 2, 2015
    That's what I'm trying to avoid. I don't know if I have apnea I doubt it I'm pretty fit. I just don't want to walk 1200 miles home after being kicked unceremoniously to the curb over some bull ****

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Earl Henderson Trucking would be better. Sleep in single occupancy hotel room during their school.
    Do you snore? I don't know because I'm sleeping, but my girl friend says I don't.
    Swift has cameras inside the truck and sound monitoring inside the truck; Henderson doesn't.

9. Space Boogie

Nov 2, 2015
    You think swift would send me home?

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't know. Then they might and you'll have to be tested for sleep apnea.
    Your roommate might snitch on you since you share a room with 2 or 3 other people.

11. Redbeard93

Redbeard93 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Ruther glen va
    I doubt it , a buddy of mine snores he just went out with his trainer swift never said anything to him, but he doesn't have sleep apnea

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.