Tri State Motor Transit Joplin Mo .

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Whiteline64, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Whiteline64

Whiteline64 Light Load Member

May 5, 2016
    Atlanta,GA
    Tri State Motor Transit . There hasn't been much posted about this company , so I will do my best to put out what I experienced . First off , orientation is intense, there is a lot to learn in regards to Hazmat hauling which is the nature of their business . The way the company is structured , you get $157 per day guaranteed while on duty and out on the road. If you have TWIC, you get that and .4 cpm per driver . So, if you get a load , and you sit for 1-2+ days , you cannot say a word to them because you are getting paid .
    As you get more credentials , such as a DOD clearance , after 90 days , your pay goes up , and if you get a Canada explosives permit , you get a $1000 bonus per driver . It takes you a while to get all the way o the top pay , so patience is a must .
    They haul stuff that makes your worst nightmare seem like just a cloudy day at Disney . When you factor in the pay you get to what you are hauling you quickly realize , that this company that has 80 years in this business and tells you that they love and appreciate you all the time in orientation is really just over buttering you .... the nature of their business screams loudly that as a company driver , your labor should be much better compensated.
    Next comes the equipment , they have some new trailers , and some older ones that are very questionable if they would get a good mark on an inspection .The trucks are used , the one I had was a piece of crap , no creature comforts added at all for their drivers.Very cheap in that regard to what they give to their drivers .
    Next is their customer base , they do a lot of CLEANHARBOURS loads . Basically they suck , 5 hours to do a drop n hook ... a stack of bills that weigh about 5+ lbs .
    I wasn't impressed with this company very quickly , from the pay to the equipment to dispatch . If you like hauling nightmare freight on the cheap , and don't mind sitting around in truck stops for a few days , they are hiring aggressively in many states .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LineHaulLodge

LineHaulLodge Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Hey Whiteline........ that’s a drag you feel that way. I’m not an employee or a driver for the company but I am personally very familiar with them as I’ve done a LOT of work for them. So, the bottom line is that I have no axe to grind or reason to defend them but I just found your post unfair. During the last 2 years, I watched this company closely and I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt that they are very good to their employees and drivers. They have invested heavily in new equipment - contrary to what you are saying here - nearly all of their trucks are less than 2 years old. Of 358 trucks, 82 of them are 2017, 100 of them are 2016 and 72 are 2015. I also know that the majority of their trailer fleet is generally new as well. All of this can be verified on TD Source.com - Check DOT #1007292. Further, their safety record is incredibly impressive and the entire organization is top shelf. I also know they have invested significantly and their people and real estate assets - the Joplin office is completely brand new, the Loudon (Knoxville) terminal is also brand new, incredibly nice facility, and last, they are building a state-of-the-art 10,000 square foot Driver’s Lodge and Training Center due to be complete in less than 60 days. ALL of this was done in the spirit of creating the best atmosphere for drivers that they could possibly create. I would imagine that when you joined the company - you knew the compensation and you knew what you were hauling. If it just didn’t feel like a good fit for you, I totally understand. But I really feel it’s irresponsible on your part to post them here as a “Bad Company” because we both know, that is FAR from the truth.

4. Whiteline64

May 5, 2016
    Atlanta,GA
    All I can say is that the truck I had was reamed ... and some of the trailers I picked up were questionable . First load we did landed us in Fontana CA for a 3 day vacation with the truck going to Freightliner . You get $157 per day to either drive or sit , that’s all OK but they claim to have lots of freight ... I am no fan of sitting in truck stops for 2+ days .
    Difficult to contact dispatch , and the issue with payroll tossed it over the edge . I do not need to watch payroll like a hawk , to me sloppy payroll is a sign of indifference towards the driver . I can’t put them in the good forum, and there is no MEH forum , so they landed here .

5. LineHaulLodge

Mar 14, 2018
    That’s fair - my only suggestion is that most of the time - good communication shared between both the driver and the company typically resolves most issues. I am pretty certain that if you raised the issues with the recruiting team or HR, they would’ve helped solve the issue. I know them personally and they are very reasonable people. I can’t speak about the payroll situation, but I also know the CFO and Accts Payable people very well and I have rarely ever had a situation with a bill not paid and it was never about money or their ability to pay. It was typically a minor miscommunication and always solved immediately.

Whiteline64 Thanks this.
  6. LineHaulLodge

Mar 14, 2018
    I guess I’m just saying don’t let one minor issue derail your career with a really good company. Heck, call the CEO - I bet he’d take your call without hesitation - that’s a sure sign of how much a company cares about their drivers. You never know, it might be the company you never want to leave and all of this was just a simple misunderstanding...... like I said - I have no dog in this fight - but I am quite certain of the fact that they are a high quality company. Whatever you do..... best of luck to you man!

7. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I have found in my years that 2 drivers working hard for the same company, dotting the Is & crossing the T's, could have totally different outcomes. It happens all the time.
    I too have heard mostly good things about TSMT, it is what it is OTR.

8. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Yeah you can't haul explosives and DOD loads with junk equipment.

x1Heavy, AlexT and mjd4277 Thank this.
  9. Whiteline64

May 5, 2016
    Atlanta,GA
    Yeah ya can .. truck we had was reamed ... and we did 2 explosives loads and some really nasty Haz . And we pulled some really questionable trailers .

p608 Thanks this.
  10. FayettenamTrucker

FayettenamTrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2018
    Are you still with the Company and if so I was told you can make 1400-1600 a week? Is this a true statement. I know its a team based Company but if the money is what the recruiter say it is I wont mind it as long as im being compensated!

11. FayettenamTrucker

FayettenamTrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2018
    Whats the yearly Salary. I have another opportunity lined up but would consider this one if the money is right.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.