Trial and Error

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Myhighwayman, Dec 29, 2019.

1. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Sure makes me want to re-up. I knew all that 40 years ago. Looks like someone got a month in on their own.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I couldn’t imagine myself doing anything else.

4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Well, my experience is different. Nearly all of my trucking career has been in my own truck, under my own authority, so I basically set my own schedule, took what loads I wanted to and drove on the routes I wanted to drive on. I have been over most small mountain highways in the country and seen the best scenery our country has to offer. I generally pulled some sort of open deck, so very, very seldom had any kind of appointment. I could and did lay over for a few days to visit friends and or family when I wanted too.

I have been known to lay over at good swimmin or fishin holes and eat summer sausage and cheese for day or so at times, lay up in vegas for a week or so, go to the big truck shows, just a lot of things I could not have done if I wasn't trucking.
    Truckin treated me pretty good (most times) and was an enjoyable way to make a living, but I never let it stress me like it does a lot of guys, even on bad loads or traffic.

I have not really been trucking down south fot the last 10 years, and from what I read on hear, I would not enjoy it near as much these days, but you never know. I think if I would have been a company driver, it may have very well been a whole different experience too.

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.