Trouble ahead for Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Sad_Panda, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Knight Transportation (NYSE: KNX) is one of today's worst performing stocks, down 1.4% to $17.79. The S&P is currently trading 1% lower to 1,068 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average is trading 1.2% lower to 10,025.

Knight Transportation is in SmarTrend's Trucking industry and this industry is currently in a Downtrend according to our research. We are monitoring many other stocks on the move within this industry.

SmarTrend is tracking trends for Knight Transportation and other fast-moving stocks every day. Visit our site for the latest trend data and alerts on Knight Transportation.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ssbowles

ssbowles Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2007
    High Desert,CA
    Okay, I'm no rocket scientist here, but...if the S&P and DJI are both down 1%, wouldn't it make sense that any random stock would/could be down +/- 1% as well?

4. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

What one needs to look at is their last year preformance.

What was their profit or loss for the year?

Also last year at this time what were their shares trading at?

Have they gone down more than other compainies they compete against?

5. Sad_Panda

Dec 2, 2006
    All I know is I was told to "sell"

6. Sad_Panda

Dec 2, 2006
  7. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Just got my yearly letter from Knight. Didnt get one last year because of the economy, but usually get one 2-3 times/year.

Paragraph to hi-lite: "We never want to loose a good driver and we wanted you to know that we remember and care about you. If you are extremely happy in your new job then we sincerely wish you the best. If you are not however, please contact us immediately."

Ha ha..sounds like Knight wanting safe/experienced drivers for still yet a 'song'....but, they end up with what they pay for!

I havnt the heart to tell them that I traded in my Class "A" for a Class "D" so as not have to take any more physicals nor worry about getting a random ticket in my personal vehicle that I cant clear by taking traffic school!:yes2557:

8. statikuz

statikuz Medium Load Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Reno Nevada
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.