Truck bouncing

Discussion in 'Commercial Truck Forums' started by Adriantx, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Adriantx

Adriantx Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2018
    Truck bounces from front already replaced
    Torque rods, tie rods, draglink spring bushings, shocks, 3 axle alignment also has centermatics and new rims and tires but truck still bounces? It's a 2016 law t680 what could be wrong would appreciate the feed back. king pins and carrier bearing are good.

Johny41 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Toss the centermatics and balance the tires after a alingment for the entire tractor.

Its not right somewhere and frankly aggravating. Maybe the ride height is too low too high, shaft out of angle limits or whatever else. If that is a brand new front end and so on it should be like a mint new truck. But since you are not happy with it thats the only two things left I can think of.

At this point if the truck is still bad, sell it for another or dispose of it somehow.

4. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    Just a shot in the dark, try moving your 5th wheel one way or the other.

I've driven trucks that bounced one day and rode smooth the next depending on the type of load, how it's loaded, type of trailer, distance from tandem to tandem, distance between the stress cuts on concrete highways and the level of fuel in the tanks.

5. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    Second thought.
    What shape are the springs in, sagged out, are they directional, biased on one end?

6. Adriantx

Dec 29, 2018
    They are parabolic springs

7. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    What brand of tires? Did you center rim to hub?

8. Adriantx

Dec 29, 2018
    Had centermatics of for about a week truck bounces more out them on truck got better shaft is good had it checked

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i have had an out of round new tires, in the past.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. Adriantx

Dec 29, 2018
    They are Firestone fs591 and first time I'm hearing about center wheel to hub?

jamespmack Thanks this.
  11. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

591's are ok tires. Look up Tru Balance alignment studs. Hub piloted wheels have a tendency to not mount square on the hub compaired to older stud piloted wheels. Look for difference in the gaps between rim and hub ears. Or take a lug nut of two off and see of the stud is centered in the whole. Probably not. This will fix most tire issues. I don't assemble anything without them. But you want the Tru Balance brand. It's a threaded sleeve, other brands only slide on. They have many options for your needs and Ron the owner will take time to talk you thru it. If you have access to a tire runout gauge, you can see that they are mounted to the hub out of center.

Adriantx Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.