Truck issue

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Flynryan345, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    any chance you can get a loaner ECM to throw on it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flynryan345

Flynryan345 Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2017
    It's a 97 n14 Celect plus and they have a ECM here they put on but didn't fix the problem they talked to Cummins, Cummins said they it's the other injectors if u change them 99% sure it'll fix the problem but for the life of me that doesn't seem possible but hey what do I know if that doesn't fix it I'm taking truck and leaving tomorrow im over this place

4. Neverready

Neverready Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Pocomoke City, Md.
    My question would be if hooking shop laptop to it cures the problem, how can it be the other injectors? If the injectors were the problem I just don't see why they would miraculously start working when laptop is plugged in.

5. Flynryan345

Flynryan345 Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2017
    Well would ya believe that putting new injectors solved the problem!!! Woulda never guessed that little bit expensive but drove 11 hours and made it home for a day she runs good now

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    According to the shop that replaced injectors in my truck. The seals go bad and detoriate. Plugging things up inside.

I have no idea how injectors are designed. Never seen one.

I dealt with the problem since the day I started. 15 months ago. although it never acted up during winter. It didn't bother me much last summer. I was ready to quit when the temps started rising this year. It got worse.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.