Truck questions

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by chalupa, Feb 22, 2014.

1. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Good info and thanks. I'm leaning to the binder with an ISM 410 and a 10 speed. When I eyeball it my mechanic will be with me to see nothing gets passed up. Seller has agreed to fix whatever we find wrong....and of course that has limits.......

And no....No Cats, it's hard to believe today's Cat is even related to the work horses of yesterday. I can't afford Cat problems and you can't eat prestige.....

Thanks guys, I'll check back when I have more.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    You ended up with a bad Apple we got 2 old us x press 780s in 2011 2007 models best trucks in the company. Have had issues but we run heavy mountains and 75mph mostly so its bound to happen. We also got 2 2008 also xpress trucks... one had a rebuild and one got a whole new engine....... goes to show that it can happen to anyone

rwdfinch50 Thanks this.
  4. jeffman164

jeffman164 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    I hear about the horror stories of Volvos with Volvo engines . If you had a Volvo with a pre egr Detroit in it , can you have it fixed just about anywhere ? Also with the electrical issues , would you have to take it to a Volvo dealership or is that varied as well ?

chalupa Thanks this.
  5. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Volvo is already off the list. This is a L/P deal so I have to buy what they sell if I want it. They do have some binders with Cummins and a couple of C-12's. I'm passing on the C-12's unless one comes up with Cat paperwork on a rebuild. I just don't want the problems my C-15 buddies have.

The Volvos have all had new front ends under them at 600k....I doubt they found the cause and prolly just replaced the parts hoping they got it so...no Volvo. The freightliners have Mercedes....not Detroit's so that's out. Now some swear by 'em but I've seen too many slobbering oil and having many other problems. It's a throw away fleet motor so...naw.

Thanks for the feedback.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.