Truck route violation

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Dewey120, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    I messed up and missed the truck route from the 110 north to the 5 north in the downtown Los Angeles area. As soon as I passed the 101 turn off the CHP pulled me over.

I got a ticket for failure to obey posted sign (no trucks over 5 tons). Does anyone know of any reliable truck driver attorneys in that area? From what I hear its a point and a half on my record so I wish to avoid that.

Yes I know this ticket was dumb of me so please no smart butt comments, thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mardet

Mardet Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Lancaster, Pa.
    was the violation "disobedience to traffic control device"? If so, yes, that carrys one point.

alds Thanks this.
  4. Dewey120

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    The ticket says - 21461 failed to obey signs (no trucks over 5 tons), infraction.

There is a little bit more but I cannot read the officers chicken scratch handwriting. He also put my old address down instead of my new one which I showed him on my medical card.

He was quick though, took only about 5 minutes to write the ticket, didn't bother running my license through the computer and he gave me local directions to my drop (only 2 miles away from it). It was the day before thanksgiving so my mind was on just getting home after my delivery, still no excuse for my mistake.

5. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I got one of those in PA. The trooper cut me a break and wrote me up for failure to obey local ordinance rather than being on a restricted route, which had a far heftier fine.

6. Mardet

Mardet Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Lancaster, Pa.
    Yes, same section, normally is one point but just read that commercial vehicles get 1.5 times the normal points. so, I guess one and a half points was right. Good luck and sorry couldnt be more help.

got info from http://dmv.ca.gov/dl/vioptct.htm

Dewey120 Thanks this.
  7. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I got one of those on an inspection. Local ordinance violation -- warning only. I think I'd rather had a ticket.

It was a round of 20 questions with the safety department when I hired on with Schneider.

8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I got really lucky up in the bay area a few years ago. I was apparently HUA and got off the truck route. Chippie right on my tail.

Talk about a break! Gave me a verbal warning only, and the correct directions, unlike my Qualcom. . .

9. Dewey120

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Anybody here ever use or know someone who used Interstate Trucker LTD to fight a ticket? I see the BBB gave them an A+ rating.

10. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Just pay the ticket when it eventually gets to your mail box....there is no point trying to fight it...that zone is well posted, and they don't give truckers a break out here!

To hire an attorney to go to court for you will only be upping the cost...

11. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I wouldn't trust the BBB too awful much. I remember reading how some reporter doing a story on BBB ratings formed a company that didn't specify what they actually did for business and still managed to get an A+ rating.

otherhalftw Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.