Truck Stop DOT Physical

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by BugEater, Jan 10, 2022.

1. BugEater

BugEater Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2022
    Just curious from other truckers, their experiences getting a DOT Physical at a Truck Stop?
    Locations/costs with brief descriptions of your experiences.
    I’ve encountered some truck stops that have a DOT certified Dr or Chiropractic etc…
    I’ve seen physicals from $49 to $250
    Some that are almost automatic pass
    I’ve seen truckers at truck stops walk out with a 1 year card and I wonder how they even got out of their trucks, much less walk over to get a physical.

Suspect Zero and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    If all you want is a renewed DOT physical, they're alright. I wouldn't go to one if I was sick though.

Think about it...What do you call the guy that graduated at the very bottom of his class in medical school?
    Right...you call him Doctor.

And where does a guy like that go to work when he graduates? It sure as hell ain't the Mayo Clinic.
    I won't get started on chiropractors, a lot of the guys on here believe in them. But again, do you want your health in the hands of someone that couldn't even get into a medical school so he went to one of those places that used to advertise on matchbook covers?

4. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    JMO.. A Chriopractor is just a Witch Doctor with a office & a line of BS with a sign thats says ..PAY HERE

Flat Earth Trucker and BugEater Thank this.
  5. Terlingua

Terlingua Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    I used to think the same, but a couple years ago I had some lower back pain that just wouldn't go away. Finally broke down and tried a chiropractor and after 2 visits, pain was gone and hasn't come back since. That said, some of them do have some wacky theories, but I'd go back again if I ever have another back issue.

6. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Quickest and probably the least expensive DOT physicals are at the Sapp Bros in commerce City, Co.

7. sbaumann14

sbaumann14 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rhinelander, WI
    $100 or $125 at Walcott

8. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Your referring to the drivers with the purple and black watermelon size ankles , with maximum overdrive toe jam.

cuzzin it and silverspur Thank this.
  9. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Nurse Practioner is qualified to do drivers physicals in my area...$60

10. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Seems the nurse does most of the physical anyway, right ? She weighs you, gives you the eye test, does blood pressure check, has you run in place, it's just the Doc that does the stethoscope and groin grab part. If I feel fine, I'm OK with any grunt giving me my card.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.