Truck Stops??

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by Phil24406, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Phil24406

Phil24406 Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2013
    do alot of the truck stops have shower and towels to use there? during my training i dont have to pack towels and not have room for cloths since there wont be that much room for my stuff in the trainers truck?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BuckeyeCowboy63

BuckeyeCowboy63 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    Im with a trainer for a different company and I have yet to need a towel in 7 weeks being on the road. All truckstops provide them.

4. Phil24406

Phil24406 Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2013
  5. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    All major truck stops provide a clean towel and washcloth as well as soap and shampoo. Showers are free with every purchase of fuel (50 gal or more) so you will not need to pay for them. When you purchase fuel, you swipe a loyalty card and the shower is loaded on there. You don't have to use it right then (most give you 10 days or so). Your trainer will be purchasing fuel when you are on his truck, but he can go to the fuel desk and ask for a team shower so you both get showers for free while you are on his truck (and no, a team shower doesn't mean you and he share a shower, you each get your own private shower room).

crwn88rb Thanks this.
  6. DsquareD

DsquareD Road Train Member

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    You will need one if using the showers in the Ohio rest stops. They are free of charge and generally very nice. Otherwise truck stops will provide towels.

Some of the independent truck stops don't offer team showers, but all the major ones do and your trainer will know the drill.

7. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    You should pack at least one towel, washcloth and soap as some places, like the Ohio Turnpike, have free showers available at the service areas and as far as I know they don't have towels, etc. available

Lady K Thanks this.
  8. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    I have yet to find any that offer shampoo. At least not at the piliot/fj or petro/ta. Bring a small towal a long. If you stop by a company terminal. most of them dont have towals. If you get a shower at oh rest stop they dont have um. If you want shampoo/conditioner, bring your own...most dont have it. Also bring any other toletries you need. all they provide is soap

9. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    don't forget the most important thing. cheap flip flops to wear in the shower.

DsquareD Thanks this.
  10. kachup

kachup Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2013
    I wouldn't use does towel, i just to lay them on the floor or clean my shoes with them, i dont know who use them so i dont use them. Their is a lot of dirty truckers out there so i dont take my chances, take your personal need and take a shower everyday if you could. Nothing feels better driving clean and smelling good, or walking into a office dress well smelling good and the ladies in shock when you say "im here to pick up". And especially buy flip flops.

11. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    So let me get some clarification on this, you take a shower only when you are clean?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.