truck stops

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by gtn428, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

Better to happen here than on the road.:biggrin_255:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    I don't think many out there will remember, but I miss the truck stop on I-20 at Cisco (central Texas). It's too bad they sold out to foriegn buyers and then a few months later got shut down because of health inspectors.

4. rjones56

rjones56 Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    staunton va
    There is a diner at the old Deepwater terminal just north of Penns Grove,NJ.Went by a couple of weeks ago just to see if it was still there.Ordered Eggs over medium,pancakes,sausage ,bacon and coffee-Everything perfectly cooked-for less than $5.00.Not much parking anymore but the food is great.It`s located on rt.130 north of the Delaware Memorial Bridge.

5. HFC

HFC Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Why did Petro (which was family owned) sell themselves to Travel Centers of America? The headquarters went from El Paso, Texas to Westlake (Cleveland), Ohio, right?

6. Teaforone

Teaforone Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    In the Sandhills, NC
    US Xpress would send us qualcomm messages telling us NOT to park here for the night. I guess they had some stolen trucks there as that usually is the reason why they would tell us not to park somewhere.

7. billsgirl

billsgirl Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    There is one in Oklahoma with a BIG Indian in front. Of course I cant think of the name or where the heck it is right now but they have a good diner with an amazing chicken fried steak and the prices for everything else on the menu were cheap. Locals were eating there when we were there-that tells you something too. This one is in the pocket truck stop guide but I don't have it handy.

8. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    Iowa 80 is still OWNED by the founding family. All they did was agrre to buy fuel from the TA. Thus that's why u see a TA logo there.

Same goes for Bosselmens.
    I actully met a person , with the last name of Bosslemen's on thier name tag at the Grand Island location last week. And i asked them why they have Pilot on thier sign. The woman said, we wanted a better deal on fuel and gas, and they offered the best price, provided we put Pilot on our signs.
    We still own the buildings and everything inside. Employees work for us. Not Pilot.

As for a small family owned Truckstop
    KJ's Travel Center, US 20 NORTH and Lewisvill hwy, Idaho Falls, Idaho.
    I grew up in this town, and this place has been there about 35 years, under a few differant names.
    Great resonable priced food in Mitch's Resturant. Clean showers confortable drivers lounge upstairs with pool table and huge couches, good selection of truckers stuff, and large c-store.
    Authorized Frieghtliner Service next door at Trains Truck Service.

Gardern of Eden, I-84 Eden, Idaho ( twin Falls,idaho)
    Another mom n pop place that has been there forever. Clean comfortable good food, and a staf that is honestly happy to see you stop buy.. They are part of the Ambest network.

9. bthomann

bthomann Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2020
    Pilot knows you are. That's why they put them in!

10. bthomann

bthomann Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2020
    Is that the older building at exit 332 just south of the freeway? It still stands there just vacant now.

11. tallguy66

tallguy66 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    In trucker path I think they’d be the ones that are marked with a red/white T rather then the logos that ta and bud chains have

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.