Truck to trailer ratio?

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by runawayload, Mar 16, 2013.

1. FRG1735

FRG1735 Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Well said SpiritWolf

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    not many want to sit or hunt down an empty for that next trip, best of luck to ya !!!

4. runawayload

runawayload Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    If I make it through orientation I will be based out of SFS. I'm not concerned about the total numbers, it's just something I wanted to know the answer to.

My goal is to keep rolling and have little home time for the first few months. I wouldn't really learn sitting at home the way I would on the road.

5. zmpart

zmpart Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2010
    i agree with all the has been said by the guys who actually work here....

no problem getting empties except at sfs where they like to store scrap carpet in ten or more at a time, and you will never been dispatched an empty trailer number aside from if it is a lease trailer needing to be returned or something, otherwise the message will say hook to an empty trailer and go load at such and such a place, let us know the trailer number.

good luck. not your normal heavy handed million rules to follow, do only what your told trucking company......may would be nice 56 mph in california and your qcom is screaming at you to slow down, plus you get to pay for the fuel you use to idle your truck, fun stuff....( of course all of that is allegedly!)

Passin Thru Thanks this.
  6. runawayload

runawayload Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I never entertained the idea of going with May. There were a couple in the class that liked the sound of what she was saying. I know where I want to work and took the steps to make sure its going to happen.

zmpart Thanks this.
  7. Milktanker

Milktanker Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Frenchtown, mt
    Same as what spiritwolf said, only time I've had any problem finding a trailer is in sfs but I've never been late for a pickup trying to find a trailer. What's happened in the past is I just wait for one of the local drivers to show up with an empty or for the warehouse to finish unloading one. Not a big deal now for me at least i switched to flatbed so I just keep the same trailer

8. sherlock510

sherlock510 Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Intercontinental.
    Yup SFS is always a pain to find an MT, i usually just hang on to mine when i head there.

Passin Thru Thanks this.
  9. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    dschmidt201, Quit mouthing off about something you don't know about. W-S will run you more than you want and I believe its 2.5 to one but you can stay hooked on the same trailer for weeks. I was leased to them but still worked for the same company on flatbeds. We used all the terminals as safe havens to park if we could. No one ever bothers you if you do your job and don't ##### to others because it all goes back to the company. They are better than 98% of the companies out there and are growing all the time. Ask questiioons, get yourself known and go the extra by keep in your truck spotless and notifying them. They don't care if your late for a reason, they care that they were'nt told. If you can't make ontime it just say so.

runawayload and sherlock510 Thank this.
  10. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    Hey AXE sure is an ugly truck there. Sorry! Just sayin, you could have a 379.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.