Truck Types

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Ford L8000, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    lol...i dont think that's on the list of options you can add. You can do things like chrome fenders, fog lights, sunroof, fridge, etc...A massaging seat would be nice though!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Azcannon

Azcannon Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Phx.AZ
    We have a sister company ?

4. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Had one. CFI before the merger/buyout by CWTL. I believe it was unofficial, but the companies used each others yards at one point and I believe even fueled at each others facilities.

5. Ford L8000

Ford L8000 Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Blacksburg, VA
    Anyone here assigned one of the Cascadia's instead of the T660? I'm curious how they compare to the Kenworths, recruiter told me that when I come on board, I would most likely be assigned a Cascadia.

6. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Your recruiter is full of it. There are a limited number of cascadias bought (50 out of 200 is a usual order, if even that many). You have a 95% chance if not higher of getting in a KW...

I was worried about getting into a KW after driving 2 centurys and a cascadia, but I almost rather the KW now. Except for the smaller cab area, I kinda liked the layout of the truck.

7. Ford L8000

Ford L8000 Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Blacksburg, VA
    Thanks for the reply, I like the way the inside is laid out in the T660, I'm a skinny guy so the narrow cab will work for me. Thought that she was full of it when she told me that because I've only seen a couple of Cascadia's for Melton and they were internet pics, thanks for giving me the info.

8. reddove

reddove Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2013
    San antonio, Texas
    Is Melton pretty good at detailing their trucks once driver's leave? After learning my lesson with schneider, every time I would get another truck, I know to get my cloth bio-hazard suit, N95 mask, gloves, and concentrate germicide to clean out the truck because they are nasty! lol. Also do the trucks Melton has have anti-collision sensors? I hope to god they don't have On-Guard. I got a bad shoulder/neck strain because of that #### sensor and was on workman's Comp for 2 months.

9. jsprocket

jsprocket Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Columbus, GA
    Try being 6'4 and 230 gotta squeeze between the seats.

Mine was pretty good, only found a cigarette butt hidden under seat.

10. jsprocket

jsprocket Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Columbus, GA
    My truck has the shoulder sensor thing that's it and it doesn't even work but shh I don't mind.

11. Triad

Triad Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    The Freightliners have On-Guard, and it is a bit touchy sometimes, but it seems to be a little less so with cruise control off. Still makes me a bit mad when I'm doing 60 and a car 500 feet in front of me slows down to 55 to get off at an exit and the OG doesn't realize they're out of the way til I'm doing 50 - and I can't do a darn thing about it. It also almost jacknifed me when I was empty on wet roads and a car cut me off and slammed on the brakes. The car was far enough away that I could brake safely on my own, but the system decided to flip out and lock 'em up on its own. Bleh.

crb Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.