Truck Wash Experience

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by billypine12, Nov 21, 2023.

1. billypine12

billypine12 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2023
    Hello, I am trying to level up a truck wash through offerings and customer experience. I have a few questions:
    1. What has stood out to you from past truck wash experiences?
    2. What is your desired customer experience?
    3. Where do you go to wash your truck?
    4. Do you prefer manual washes or automatic washes?

Thank You!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    I prefer truck washes with multiple bays, not just 1 ! Let me know if you see any !

86scotty and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  4. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Multi bay, manual wash (hand), with blowers at the end like a car wash, which I have never seen at a truck wash. And don't destroy my polished aluminum. If I say soap & water I mean soap & water.

flood, ‘Olhand, Diesel Dave and 2 others Thank this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I'm about multi bay manual washes. My favorite Truck Wash is Pride in Knoxville, TN. I will got to others though. I like the mit or brush places. The Blue Beacon is cool, but I have it written down which ones I feel are better. My favorite Beacon locations are Oak Grove, MO or Joplin, MO. I've got others that I like as well. Oklahoma City, Amarillo, Phoenix, Dallas all work for me. There are mom and pop ones that are under the radar too. Large Car Truck Wash in Checotah, OK comes to mind. The more attention they pay to details, the more likely they are to get my business.

6. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    I want a manual hand wash automatic for trailer sides like most truck o mats and Bear Crossing in Willow Springs is ok. Arkansas Valley in Ft. Smith is a 24 hour place, does an exceptional job. The supervisor on duty does a walk around with you. Rather than just push you out the door. My big thing is getting my truck clean no missed spots and don’t mess up the aluminum. Open late and a quality job are what will keep guys going back. The first crap wash I get that’s it I won’t got back there anymore

7. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    have a ladder, so your not climbing on the engine, breaking stuff!!

hope not dumb twucker Thanks this.
  8. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    You talking about the one at Exit 5 on the access rd? If so, by far the best truck wash I've been to across the country.

Oxbow and wore out Thank this.
  9. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Yes sir. I agree 100 percent

Oxbow Thanks this.
  10. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Multi bay, hand wash ,extra brush’s and mitts use a fresh batch when next truck pulls in cause I don’t want my paint or aluminum scratched from somebody’s dirt ladders and scaffolding, cause I don’t want em crawling on my ride like spiders Driver’s lounge with picture window so you can watch your truck being washed employees must be clean and professional and have all their teeth

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
  11. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Can't remember how many times I said, "do not acid bathe the tanks/wheels " ! !

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.