Truck with no air dump valve switch, can one be installed?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by combo7, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Pigdude

Pigdude Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2021
    Yes. Handy as a pocket on a shirt!

HoneyBadger67 and Dino soar Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    You’re not dumping the trailer suspension before you load or unload? That’s the first thing I do before unhooking the neck.

If anyone is interested you need the Hadley smartvalve. Be sitting down, when I looked it up once it was almost $1000, maybe I got some bad info. You can do all the same things with a couple of air switches, a few pilot valves, and a driver with a brain.

4. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    My ‘67 had a ball valve mounted on the leveling valve at the rear for fast deflates and an electric solenoid much like a Horton air fan solenoid wired to a toggle switch on the dash for slooooow deflates for around 45 years. I got a used air switch out of a salvaged 379 and installed it under the dash where it can be removed without leaving a scar. Plumbed in a Stewart-Werner air pressure gauge to it for a “load scale” gauge. this is the only thing on this truck that I’ve added and used the cheap plastic line. As was oe its’s all stratoflex. It was just easier at the time. C9D05B47-77DD-4B65-BF9B-A6F7FFF00566.jpeg

OLDSKOOLERnWV Thanks this.
  5. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

My lowboy never came with the option to dump the bags, I have entertained installing it which I’ve done on other trailers for my friends….

Dino soar and kylefitzy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.