Trucker appreciation week!

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Ducktart, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    And it's also Dispatcher Appreciation Week! In honor of same, you get to find someone else to take your attitude. Have fun finding another driver.

"Yeah? Well, drivers are a dime a dozen!"

And BS trucking jobs are a dime a thousand. Have a nice day. :D

fargonaz, street beater and stwik Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Its not that the company don't what to offer beer its just that their so worried about you getting a DUI. :cool:

skellr and street beater Thank this.
  4. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Ya know what i offer guys? A no questions asked mulligan day. You do right by be, you get a extra day off. Well that and hats... coolers... tshirts... visa gift cards... for being so "were tough" drivers sure want to be patted on the back a awful lot...

stwik, Ruthless, Feedman and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. street beater

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Oh yeah and beer is for the dock workers. Drivers deserve whiskey!

skellr Thanks this.
  6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Not the Canadian stuff I hope! :eek: Those Guy's can't even get Bacon right.

stwik, whoopNride and Ruthless Thank this.
  7. street beater

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Nah. Im a Irish whiskey fan myself

8. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Driver appreciation week begins when my dispatcher calls me and says, "I got a load for ya!"

fargonaz Thanks this.
  9. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    My first two driving jobs required drivers to wear uniforms. My first OTR job was food service. Everything involved with food requires a uniform. From the burger joints to the 5star restaurants. You were expected to fingerprint everything inside the truck, YET maintain your grooming and look presentable.

The company issued uniforms. They also paid for the motels. This was right about the time that Freightliner came out with the condo sleeper. That, I think was the game changer. JB and Schneider had the cabovers. It was Covenant Transport, who was the largest of the Megas at that time, that went on the buying spree for condo sleepers. Before that time, the LongHaul drivers all came home on Fridays.

The 2-3?day truck driving schools began in the early 90s. The accidents and carnage was catastrophic. They would have someone go through a 3 day course, put em in a truck and send them down the road. The dumb and dumber program began in the late 90s I believe.

“What’s the dumb and dumber program, Six?”

That’s when a driver with 6 months experience is allowed to train rookies. But notice, I said DUMB, not stupid. Stupidity requires intelligence, dumb, you don’t know. A driver with 6 months experience is STILL dumb. He doesn’t know enough to be stupid.

Anyways, you have 2 generations of drivers that have never properly learned the finer points of the business. And now, you have the schools and recruiting people catering to people who have never done anything worthwhile in life. Biggest ambition in life is playing video games and smoking dope. Trucking has become the fall back occupation for losers.

(Of course, some are insulted)

No, fat boy. Smoking weed didn’t make you a loser. Your decision to get your first job at age 30 made you a loser.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.