Trucker Bathroom Access Act

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Nahbrown, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Nahbrown

Nahbrown Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Illinois (the sane part)
    H.R.9592 - Trucker Bathroom Access Act
    “Bipartisan legislation recently introduced in the House would require businesses to give restroom access to truckers who are loading or delivering cargo at their warehouses, distribution centers, retailers and ports.”
    Bipartisan bill intended to increase truckers’ access to restrooms

did this or another version of this pass congress?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    I mean its kinda sad when we need to get the government involved in something so basic. But at the same time at least they are looking at it.

4. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    i wonder if the access has to be free.. or if they can charge a fee to cover the mess and damage?

5. Arctic_fox

Sep 16, 2016
    Ive used worse and been greatful for it. When the turtle is peaking any port in a storm my friend lol.

Konkapot, skids1989, Zoltan1a and 15 others Thank this.
  6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    And like most government interference, it sounds good on the headline, but has it's own issues.

Basically this law allows any UPS driver to use any restroom in anyone's house that is working from home and gets packages sent there.
    You know like a lot of O/O's for parts and even office supplies. Or in my case, my wife's etsy business.
    Sorry, but no that's not happening at my house.
    Now if they fix that loophole it does sound like a good law.

“(c) Definitions.—In this section:
    “(1) COVERED DRIVER.—The term ‘covered driver’ means any commercial motor vehicle operator with respect to whom the Secretary of Transportation has power to establish qualifications and maximum hours of service pursuant to the provisions of section 31502.

“(2) COVERED RESTROOM FACILITY.—The term ‘covered restroom facility’ means a restroom located on the premises of a covered establishment that is intended for use by customers or employees of the establishment and that is—

“(3) COVERED ESTABLISHMENT.—The term ‘covered establishment’—

“(B) a shipper, receiver, manufacturer, warehouse, distribution center, or any other business entity that is receiving or sending goods by commercial motor vehicle;

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th...?s=8&r=1&q={"search":["houlahan","houlahan"]}

tscottme, Nahbrown, JoeyJunk and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Arctic_fox

Sep 16, 2016
    Good catch i missed that. And yea that puts a whole diffrent context to the bill

JoeyJunk and The Railsplitter Thank this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    There actually are two that are worse.

Government should be involved with nothing.

9. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    WHAT Is actually FREE in Trucking??
    Seems EVERYTHING has a price and not just monetarily.
    - - - - - -
    Companies can levy a specific "charge" prior to use, say $10.00.
    If a mess is rendered, the "charge" is retained, same at Hotels, etc.
    Legal Document(s) can easily be created through Company Legal Representatives and posted in plain site near Facility Access.
    Seems completely PROBABLE considering all other "Rules & Regulations" these many Nationwide Shippers & Receivers expect Truck Drivers to Comply/Follow.

Some Companies had/have NO DRIVER RESTROOM ACCESS signage but yet want to hold drivers HOSTAGE IN THE BUILDING (in a small caged area at entrance/exit door) with no interior access to Water, Snacks and Toilets.
    Don't know how those small "detainment units" would factor into the facility Toilet Access, but those "holding cells" need to disappear!!

10. Arctic_fox

Sep 16, 2016
    No arguments hence my its sad this is even a government issue comment. But if they are going to waste my tax dollars ANYWAY this one seems less harmful then msny other options. That sad i think the worst one i ever used was a pit style. It was literally a slit in the concrete you squated over and they would wash out with a hose at the end of the day......no TP and no sink either and the stall door was missing and no AC either. Bloody california.....close second was someone had cherry bombed all the toilets and the owner had jist flexsealed the toilets together and had a sign to squat not sit....and they leaked too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.