Trucker Researcher

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Socy Grad, Feb 27, 2008.

1. driver4015

driver4015 Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Bend ,Oregon
    no it's not! just turn off the radio, or the phone as the case may be.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Socy Grad

Socy Grad Medium Load Member

:biggrin_2559:

Still very carefully going over the interviews that I have. Once they are transcribed from audio to type they are averaging almost 30 single-spaced pages in length. It's a lot of information to go over, but I must say that I am impressed virtually every day with how hard you guys (and gals) work, how much pride you take in your work and how stressful your jobs can be.

I'll be actively recruiting more interviews in the spring, and thanks so much to those who already have participated. I have learned so much!

Cheers-

Dan

4. zedanny

zedanny Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Arkansasa
    It takes a very special person to Love a Truck driver.

5. zedanny

zedanny Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Arkansasa
    You really want to learn about truck drivers go live in there world for 30 day's Danny

6. Socy Grad

Would love to! You wanna take me?

:biggrin_2559:

Actually, doing some ride-alongs is something that I hope to be doing in the spring. I've had some offers from some very generous individuals, and I can't wait to give it a shot. But you are correct: the best way to "see" the driver's world is to spend as much time as possible with them. The second best way is to do intensive interviews with as many drivers as possible to get as many perspectives and viewpoints as I can.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  7. truckincanuck

truckincanuck Bobtail Member

What you are doing sounds good. I hope you accomplish your goal and I would like to see you use your findings to educate the law makers and officials in the driving industry. Maybe with your findings they can stop wasting money on useless research and put the money into improving the industry based on your findings.

Good Luck:biggrin_25520:

8. Socy Grad

Thanks! I hope that the public will eventually see how hard ya'll really work!

9. truckincanuck

truckincanuck Bobtail Member

Interested

I am interested in the goal of your research. Is it to expose the lifestyle of the truck driver or expose the short falls of the industry. I have two sides to my story. The driver side and the management side. Both have to work together to make this job a success and I believe this is the cause of the black side of trucking. I'd be glad to give my contribution but I don't want to give you the same old story.:biggrin_25519:

10. countrycruisers

countrycruisers Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Vienna, IL
    Winter is an adventure different from any other season. Some company's will not hire truckers unless they have winter driving experience. Being from Colorado you would know a little bit about snow and ice. It would be a injustice to your work not to include that as part of your study.

11. CMoore2004

CMoore2004 Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    I started in the winter and the snow is scaring me. Not because of my driving, but because this time around I can see all the new drivers that live in FL and such that are going to be driving in this weather for the first time, without a trainer or anyone to guide them. It'd take both hands to count the number of new drivers I've helped with their backing, tarping, etc in the past month. Not even familiar with a truck and getting thrown into the worst conditions.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.