Trucker Researcher

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Socy Grad, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    when do I get paid for the praise? :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Socy Grad

Socy Grad Medium Load Member

What, you didn't get your free subscription to Sports Illustrated for Kids that I sent you?

:biggrin_2559:

4. AnnieJ

AnnieJ Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Dear Dan,

I'm a sociologist, too, and I write about long distance relationships. I'm pretty new to the forum -- I do some writing for a company that promotes health and fitness for truck drivers and I thought the two issues would go together: long distance relationships are often a big strain and stress. Anyway, I'd love to hear from you or from any of the truck drivers about how people cope -- the good strategies they've found. I think it'd be interesting to see how truckers deal with these issues in comparison to people who commute long distances or live separately because of their work. I can't post my contact info yet, but I'd love to hear from people here.

5. driver4015

driver4015 Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Bend ,Oregon
    I just did about a 1.5 hr interview with this gentelman yesterday afternoon. I found him to be very professional and easy to talk to. Anyone that agrees to be interviewed by him will enjoy the experence and not be sorry. he really wants your thoughts on the subject.

Socy Grad Thanks this.
  6. Wildkat

Wildkat <strong>Arctic Mistress</strong>

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
    Dan...thanks for the great conversation. I really enjoyed the whole interview, & don't forget... if you have any further questions or comments, don't hesitate to drop me a line. Also if you ever find yourself NORTH of the 49th, be sure to drop me a line!

Kat

:biggrin_25525::biggrin_25525:

Socy Grad Thanks this.
  7. Socy Grad

I got some crazy stories out of you Kat!

Thanks so much!

8. Wildkat

Wildkat <strong>Arctic Mistress</strong>

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
    Trouble with me Dan...I don't talk much, but once you get me started....it's hard to get me to shut up!

:biggrin_255::biggrin_255:

9. Socy Grad

Howdy TDog!

The research that I am doing requires a long, intensive conversation rather than short snippets of questions and answers. This allows the full context of the issue to be explored, rather than just getting part of the story. I think that you guys have been taken out of context for far too long, so I need to know the full, unedited and deeper stories behind ya'll's daily lives.

I'm still conducting interviews if anyone else would like to share their stories. As you can tell from the other folks, it's a relatively painless process.

Cheers, and thanks for everyone's continuing support.

- Dan

10. tomFS08

tomFS08 Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Great reading through the thread. Looking forward to more conversations like this

11. driver4015

driver4015 Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Bend ,Oregon
    he wants to find out about truck drivers,not weither they have their "panties"on or not!!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.