Trucker Strike October 3rd?

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by r_shell71, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Airborne

Airborne Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2016
    KY
    Mercer also has a van division also, its not very big from what I understand but its growing none the less.

brsims Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Airborne

Dec 7, 2016
    KY
    Brimm's, you may wanna check out the Mercer forum and ask them guys and gals over there, they would have more info on it than I would for sure!!

4. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA

Nah. I'm planning on signing up with Kaplan when I have my truck. They have the freight I want, and run my preferred lanes.

Mercer does a wide variety of stuff. Lots of general freight. I like my niche too much!

Airborne Thanks this.
  5. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    And What might your ":preferred" Lane be?
    Keep in mind, Seniority comes FIRST.

Even though you lease on with Kaplan- If their are guys running the lane you like with 20-30 years experience- You get whats leftover-

For instance- Your in Meadville- If Your looking for New Castle to gary,In -Forget about it.Not gonna happen- If You want Pittsburgh to Cleveland- Maybe- You'll be getting mostly Pittsburgh to Philly-Jersey,Eastern Pa- Connecticut Etc.

Or- You can help out the Old Hag down in Weirton,WV-Follansbee move coils outta there to Georgia or Kansas- other than that- You May get local Pitt freight.

6. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    Just looked at the OP Black and Blue support page. Something didn't go as planned. I'm not signed up for Facebook so I cannot read the comments but whoever posted was not happy...

7. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    No news coverage yet which is no surprise. Trucking of little interest to journalists. I looked at the Facebook page which really does not offer much information but the week is early yet.

BigBob410 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    if any strike did happen? with all the bad news from Vegas, i'd hardly think it would have even been mentioned in the comics section.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  9. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Actually already talked to Mike. He needs trucks to run longer stuff. Most of the older guys want close stuff, home every night or every other night. I prefer to stay out a couple of weeks at a time. Hate losing good paying loads just to stay home more.

stayinback Thanks this.
  10. Truckersedge

Truckersedge Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2017
    We should go on strike to have them cancel new mandate on ELDs. A friend of mine works for company which installed ELDs on their trucks and they get constant violations for who knows what. It'll be a long and costly journey for smaller companies. It'll take time to figure out how that will work out. Government is trying to get more money out of the trucking industry. I know I'll be quitting my car hauling business.

11. Airborne

Dec 7, 2016
    KY
    From what I gather there was hardly any comms between everyone and then he posted with a live feed saying is was a misdirection tactic to throw the government off with the true plans of the scheme. I think it could have been handled better but I'm not a driver yet nor there in DC anyway. I would've liked to been but funds weren't there to go.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.