Truckers Code of Ethics

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by tiresONtar, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Ike

Ike Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Juat as a courtesy when another driver passes you and you notice a problem with his truck /trailer, get on the radio and let him know.

Flatbedders, If you see another flatbedder tarping in the wind, or having trouble, help him out. those tarps as you know are pretty heavy, but can fly like a kite.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tiresONtar

tiresONtar Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Wisconsin
    You may be correct, chief! I'll change the title of the book when it comes out to: 'The Truckers Code of Ethical Behavior - A truckers guide on how not to piss off your fellow truckers'. :read2:

4. Bill_TIR

Bill_TIR Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I'll go ahead and throw this out there. Knowing all too well that i will probably be left bleeding with my intestines ripped out...

For me this comes down to my relationship with God. I learned a long time ago that i can only be responsible for my actions, and can not control those of others. And have learned to tame my "anger" and learned different responses.

If i lash out at someone, the only thing i am doing is hurting myself and going against what God desires of me. I am to care for people. Not because they are either good or bad people, but because they are Gods people whether reconciled or not.

So i try to treat people as if they are my best friend and always try to keep in mind that God cares for them.

The fact that morality exists, to me, is evidence for God, but i guess thats another post all together.

I guess in short, i believe we should treat each other well, because it is the right thing to do. i could only imagine what it would be to live in a world where people were uplifting of others, instead of tearing them down. or people tried to find commonalities rather than differences.

ah well

5. road dust

road dust Road Train Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Nothing wrong with that, Bill. I believe there are still a lot good folks out there who feel the same way.

6. Bill_TIR

Bill_TIR Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
  7. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Bill, I completely agree. I'm an unbeliever, but we should all follow your example--whether we think God wants us to, or simply because it's enlightened self-interest(being good to other people leads to a happier society which benefits you over time).

Here's to ya. :biggrin_25514:

tiresONtar Thanks this.
  8. 97 Ford Aeromax 550Det

97 Ford Aeromax 550Det Light Load Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Indiana
    Bill....You hit the ole nail on the head....HECK Jesus took nails in his hands AND ankels for us BUT, many non-beleivers are living in the flesh and they fail to beleive and always will. They think its sissy to beleive and the world DONT work like "Love your neighbor as you would want to be loved"...they beleive the world out there has NOTHING to offer them in if they beleive....DUH, it dont offer much cause of you dont beleive in the 1st place.

Now you ask, "Show me proof"...well a very deep and complexe subject....just let me ask ya, "How do you know you love your parents"? Hmmmm....

Many are enjoying their life "in the flesh" and beleive me, you cant witness to them, its fruitless, they either wanna see proof he exists, ask "Well gee, he aint done nothing for me"....he hasnt?...Next time in winter a big truck jacknifes RIGHT in front of you and you BARELY escape unschaved, unhurt, and continue on, you really should wonder maybe someone was just looking out for ya, wonder who?

You maybe having fun NOW, whooping it up...but the flesh-life is a fleeing moment EVEN if you live til 80 OR ur parents lived til 100. When you pass and what ur NOW facing is eternity, bet you look behind your back and say "Ummmm excuse me, can I go back to earth and change?" WRONG. Moses, Noah, Adam, etcetc all lived passed 900yrs old....hard to beleive huh?...gee, wonder how THAT happened, wasnt no scientist back then to explain THAT and make you beleive theres no God, it was just explainable by science(gimme a break)....HECK even Sara kept giving birth till she was 90(got $15000 a month food stamps too:biggrin_25524:).

tiresONtar Thanks this.
  9. 97 Ford Aeromax 550Det

97 Ford Aeromax 550Det Light Load Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Indiana
    Theres so many religions out there Bill, why do you think the un-beleivers "think" its a waste of time? They see the fake tv evangalists(that get busted), they see a religion that beleives you'll get 10 virgins when ya blow urself up, they compile ALL these excuses NOT to beleive and answer to a higher authority that they just dont know what to do. You hafta see it from their side of the tracks FIRST, then prepare your ammunition in what to say when ya witness to them.

And hear this, many Athetists beleive in god, they just dont beleive in His existance(agnostic or whtaever the word is). They always demand proof...forcing the hand of God NEVER works(well, Moses did when he beat the rock)(we know what he got inreturn too) youd think when they see a rainbow theyd think as we do and know its a promise never to water down the earth again, biggest darn bow I ever seen.

Tone126995 and tiresONtar Thank this.
  10. RAMPAGE

RAMPAGE Light Load Member

May 26, 2009
    Everywhere, U.S.A.
    U guys are to worried about what the other man will and will not do, just gets your money and get on with the trucking i could care less if somebody will flash me or turn off the lights when it's safe to pass him or any of the other stuff for that matter. Just get on with the trucking and don't worry about other people

11. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    And this attitude, Ladies and Gentlmen, is exactly why our profession is so screwed up. You want to repair our image, impossible! With an attitude like that!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.