Truckers Code of Ethics

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by tiresONtar, Oct 3, 2009.

1. RAMPAGE

RAMPAGE Light Load Member

May 26, 2009
    Everywhere, U.S.A.
    LOL!!!! good 1 my friend. by the way I don't drive for anybody and I don't care what other people do. I driver for myself and I act how I want to and I act for myself, u don't know me and I don't know u even if we passed by eachother ever so why would u or I care about how we act? that's the problem now a day's, to many people all up in other people's business. I for 1 don't care about how other trucker's act because I been to truck sto's all over the country and to stores in just about every state and never had nobody come up 2 me and say anything disrespectful because they saw somne other trucker act stupid.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 97 Ford Aeromax 550Det

97 Ford Aeromax 550Det Light Load Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Indiana
    "Dont know whats eating you, but it must be suffering horribly." Well, if ya dont care what other peoples doing or say to you THEN you wont mind if we call your girl or boy friend a low down &*&^ of a ^$^### that talks like a ^&&*#)) with a pole stuck up ur %#!(&*** then. Whats wrong with THAT picture? You sure your picture isnt posted in a Post Office.....dunno...could be wrong.

We all thankyou for that wealth of information.

"If you was TWICE as smart as you are now, youd be absolutely stupid".....can see now why schools nowadays suggest turning their CB off.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  4. kwray

kwray Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Be kind and DO NOT blow the air horn in a scale house while the DOT inspector is underneath checking the brakes on a loaded bullhauler.

MattyC, 25(2)+2 and tiresONtar Thank this.
  5. 97 Ford Aeromax 550Det

Oct 1, 2009
    Indiana
    Dont brag over the airwaves your hauling hazmat and dont have your placards out....darnest thing I ever heard.

"Parking Lots" NEED to know when they gotta chain dragging, letem know.

tiresONtar Thanks this.
  6. 97 Ford Aeromax 550Det

Oct 1, 2009
    Indiana
    When looking for a TS space, watch out for the one you pick ESPECIALLY if its in-between 2 bigtrucks that are running reefers. They shut off and on ALL night and the rumble will keep ya awake:biggrin_25524:.
    Go N2 a HomeDepot and buy a sign that says "Sorry, We're Closed Today". Hang it in your windshield, drivers get a kick outta it as they walk by, BUT, keeps the Lot Lizards away. I hang one.

tiresONtar Thanks this.
  7. 97 Ford Aeromax 550Det

Oct 1, 2009
    Indiana
    If you smoke, please put the darn thing out IN the ashtay, or be a real big tuffguy and swallow it. Flipping it out the window can scare the heck out of a driver if it smacks ur windshield, let alone and THEN trail down to your tanks(cop will pull ya over for doing 225mph from blowing up).

Alert your passenger to do the same. If he or she smokes cigars, then you got an all together different problem. Chew and spit ding is exceptable. F.Y.I In the Buckeye, its considered littering, watch urself.

tiresONtar Thanks this.
  8. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    If you see a driver struggling to slide his tandems and the bleeping pins are stuck, offer to help! Dont just sit there watching the poor guy (or girl) beating the the snot out of them, get out and help!
    Same rule applies for a driver backing into a tight spot. Dont just sit there and criticize the driver on the CB, get out and help!
    Someday you could be in the same prediciment and you would appreciate the help yourself.

9. Ebola Guy

Ebola Guy Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
    Here are some I don't recall seeing:

Flash thank you. Whether it is 4-ways or blinking, just do it. Not everyone has their CB on.

If you see someone struggling to pass you, back out of it. It is obvious that he is going faster than you, just not by a lot. No need to have a 4 mile drag race.

And if you are being passed, don't suddenly remember that you wanted to go faster and push the pedal down, again, causing a 4 mile drag race.

Remember a lot of company trucks are governed and run at their max speeds.

tiresONtar, GliderDaddysWife and 2fuzy Thank this.
  10. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L

You are exactly right!

11. southernpride

southernpride Gone But Never Forgotten

Apr 5, 2009
    orlando,fl
    now today there is no such thing as ethics in this business , everybody is to busy playing with there big toy, course its the only one the have and it makes funny noises.
    ethics was a long time ago and i remember it well but today thanks to the goverment and the truck driving schools ethics are a thing of the past.
    hope some day it will return but i doubt it, thats why when i roll i roll by myself and i no longer have a rambo radio dont need to heare what the lw class has to say or think. best of luck ----southernpride:biggrin_25510:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.