Truckers Code of Ethics

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by tiresONtar, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Lake Dweller

Lake Dweller Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    As a current 4 wheeler and a wannabe trucker I have seen the number of posts that drivers have made about turning on your high beams to let them know it's ok to come in. As a four wheeler I would despise someone doing that to me so I don't blame you all for not wanting it done to you.

My dad always told me to flash my lights on and off and never use my brights if I want to be nice to the truckers. Do you guys find this unnecessary from your point of view or do you appreciate the gesture?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. A512

A512 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2009
    nunya
    It didnt really matter to me. I can see where some of the older drivers would appreciate it more with their eye sight not as good as it was in younger years but it never was an issue with me..flashem or dont flashem,
    cut em off or dont cut em off..dont really matter to me. I did have an extension on my interupter switch though..lol

4. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

90% of the time I will flash my lights for another driver, and probably thanked only 10% of the time. I do it to be courteous/friendly/whatever. I usually snort to myself that 90% of the time I'm not thanked, it's either 1. a lazy a%%,2. Self centered egoist, 3. Or someone that doesn't know the courteous way to respond to another. And yes, I'm well aware of the "Supertrucker" attitude towards what some percieve as an attack on their manhood, virginity, or whatever. I really hope you DO know where the back of your trailer is.:biggrin_25522:
    I will continue to do what used to be the courteous thing,however.

Ethics, seems like they're missing from a very large part of the population anymore.
    I don't always succeed, and I can be just as nasty as the next guy if I have to, but I really, really try to treat others better than how I expect to be treated by them. That's the only ethic I have, and like I said earlier, I don't always make it happen. In my limited little mind, if I could do that 100%, everything else would fall in place.:biggrin_25525:

5. RenegadeTrucker

RenegadeTrucker Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana

LindaLou, truckernewbee and tiresONtar Thank this.
  6. RenegadeTrucker

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    That is a good one too, id do that and turn on my load lights and strobes even give a short toot on the horn. I think it looks a lot more professional doing it that way than trying to be a sly race truck driver. :biggrin_2556:

7. RenegadeTrucker

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    There are plenty of professional victims in this country today.

8. tiresONtar

tiresONtar Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Wisconsin
    MrBeast you have insight to the industry that is refreshing.

RenegadeTrucker Thanks this.
  9. RenegadeTrucker

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    Thank you kindly =)

10. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I hate when drivers ride too close to my rear for minutes and minutes even when left lane is clear... :biggrin_25510: Why do they do that?

11. RenegadeTrucker

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    It is called cranial anal retention.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.