1. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Yes. McDonald's likes to load up the sugar in their dressings. My salad dressing is: liberal splash of ground turmeric, garlic powder, and ginger, topped the a liberal splash of chili garlic sauce, then a liberal splash of balsamic vinegar, followed by LOTS of olive oil. No sugar. The olive oil runs about 600 calories and together with the garlic satisfies my hunger for a good solid eight hours. The fiber (aka carbohydrates) in the salad fills me up. I can eat a salad in the morning and be good until my eight hour break, even with flatbed work.

If on the other hand I start the day with something like plain yogurt and blueberries with a square of unsweetened baker's chocolate, then I will eat a couple of bananas, an apple, and a few handfuls of raw nuts or seeds during the day.

I don't eat fruit with vegetables and especially never with meat. Digestion requirements are different for fruit and other items.

Oldironfan and NoBigHurry Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    My diet tonight is a baked potato with lots of butter and pepper, grilled chicken breast and steamed asparagus.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  4. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I use that app. Helps keep me honest.

Oldironfan and Duurtipoker Thank this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

drivers get fat because they maintain a diet or habit from when they were doing much more work after they drive & do very little work, besides stay awake. They eat when they are hungry, lonely, mad, bored, etc. They eat because it's mealtime almost mealtime, they missed mealtime, they might one day miss mealtime, etc. The stress & sleep disruption by themselves are enough to turn your pre-trucking diet into a waist-expanding diet. It's less what you eat than how much you eat. Stop eating too much, even if you deserve it. It'll kill you.

coastietruckin' and Duurtipoker Thank this.
  6. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    I'm actually surprised this question don't get asked alot more by new drivers or anyone for that matter, i mean seriously how many of us really know the correct diet to be on while driving, other than driving safely and efficiently, this is probably one of the most important things we can or should do. The reason being is what we choose to eat can effect out ability to stay focused while on the road, a meal high in carbs will start to make you sleepy its not a good idea to eat this before one attempts to drive for long periods at high speeds, best to do this 1-3 hours before you go to sleep as it will help you sleep. I've learnt to eat foods that keep you alert and energized such as citrus, salmon, kale to name a few. Most people just load up on the old caffeine however this can actually cause you to become to dehydrated plus most folks put milk in there coffee which in turn makes you sleepy. Doing something physically active before you start to drive can also be beneficial to keep you alert as it stimulates good and faster blood rates which keep you alert and awake.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.