Truckers...why?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by 81539, Jul 19, 2007.

1. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Are you cute? Were they trying to get a better look?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. curtislyn

curtislyn Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Montgomery, AL
    If you was driving in Illinois, I would say it is the split speed limit. Automobiles at 65mph and trucks at 55mph. The truck went around to pass and then there was the state police somewhere.

4. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas
    I've been there before... slide into Ill. running 70 and someone yells Evil Kenievil!!! The jakes are coming on. Those guys are bad sneaky!
    But yeah there is no telling. They could have been fighting on the CB. Could have been a boobie shot from another driver. Like everyone else said, only the two drivers know.

5. ChevyTrucks

ChevyTrucks Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2006

Haha done that! :biggrin_2559:

6. Keith48

Keith48 Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2007
    If I am in my Tahoe and someone is trapping me and preventing me a way of "escape," they will be looking down the barrel of a Glock .45! :biggrin_25525:

In Georgia, that would be grounds enough for me to shoot them for endangering my life, IF I feel entrapped and endangered.

7. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Its because of actions like this that have caused me when wanting to pass to throw on the blinker and move into an opening in traffic, all in one motion, if you do any thing else you will have 20 morons that gouge on it just to prevent some body from passing.

CA being the exception, I've always had good luck with CA drivers letting a guy over, in spite of all their other driving problems.

8. curtislyn

curtislyn Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Montgomery, AL

Thats right! :biggrin_2559:

9. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Thank you, I do my part.:biggrin_2557:

10. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Unfortunately, what you are describing is not covered in the Illinois drivers handbook. Or in High School math in todays school system.

But it's more common than you think. And here is why.

You come up on a group of trucks. The lead truck is doing 55 or 56...Illinois restricts trucks to 55 mph. The last truck will be doing about 52 mph at best. And nobody wants a ticket!!!!!

The last truck is tired of following, he pulls out and accelerates to 57 mph (he doesn't want a ticket) He is now doing 2 mph faster than the lead truck. The lead truck by your own admission is 6 trucks in front of this driver, or about 1500 feet.

Using common high school math.... Everyone is moving in the same direction, the only variable is speed.

It will take this truck a minimum of 8 1/2 minutes to overtake and pass the lead truck. This of course allows for a safe distance (barely) before moving back into the right lane. A ticket can cost this driver his job...so don't expect the driver to be concerned about getting out of your way faster.

Blame this simple problem of mathmatics...on your wonderful Governor, who has twice vetoed the bill which would allow truck drivers to go faster than 55 mph in your state.

Call your state representative...and get it fixed. ;)

LightBulb and Joetro Thank this.
  11. sphipps70

sphipps70 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2007
    I have to agree that I hate when that happens but I usually just fall back...keep a safe distance and when I can pass...I do.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.