Trucking FREEZE???

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Gamechangerzz, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Gamechangerzz

Gamechangerzz Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2022
    Hey everybody so I was supposed to have my interview with Schneider last Friday I’ve been calling them since then and been getting nothing but radio silence on apparently I can’t get in touch with the recruiter or any recruiter for that matter. I reached out to swift and they basically gave me the same thing I went on some form that there is a trucking freeze because there’s too many truckers out there. I just wanna know if this is true and anybody knew a company that’s worth going to?

Just so you guys know prime did give me an offer but like I said I only have my CDL a permit and I feel like I need to go to school that will teach me correctly to pass the test, if they tech well I’ll go to them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Check with your states community colleges and vocational trade schools

my state has a very good 300 hour class for $1,700
    And most people don’t even pay that . the WOIA grant pays for it .

the private CDL schools are $7,000 and about 120 hours .
    The trucking companies that offer “free” training , are not free, they make you sign a $7,000 personal loan , and they take some money out of every paycheck to repay it . Or give you a credit for every month you stay .
    if you leave the company before the time is up, they will demand the money back.

4. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    (1) you'll get roughly the same quality educationation regardless of which mega you sign on with.
    (2) did you explain to them it was unpossible there was a hiring freeze, their lobbyists insist we need another 5million drivers.

5. Gamechangerzz

Gamechangerzz Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2022
    I never asked anyone because they keep hanging up on me

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You have an offer with Prime and CRST, so flip a coin and hit the road.
    ~
    If you go with CRST, tell the school you want to be trained by a refrigerated division driver.
    Good reefer drivers keep the wheels turning even during a recession. I went through two recessions and never missed a days work because food still moves year round.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    One of the biggest myths in the trucking world is driving schools teach you how to be a driver. This is BS! Driving schools get you a CDL and THEN you learn how to be a driver. Stop worrying about this and do what @Chinatown just said!

8. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Yeah and us seasoned veterans & our insurance pay the price for their " On the Job training "

9. JoeTruck

JoeTruck Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    LOWER 48
    Prime is a good place to learn, just don't sign a lease.

10. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    They don't call them driver mills for nothing.

11. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    We're not really hiring because we're out of trucks to put people in, but I highly doubt the megas don't have the trucks available. Maybe not enough freight, but trucks are empty out there.

Go with a reefer fleet... they haven't slowed one bit, nor will they. The contents inside the trailer may change (more pork, less caviar), but the volume won't.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.