Trucking good long term?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jermin8r92, Mar 30, 2016.

1. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    figure it this way...trains which run on tracks still have drivers......no robots wont replace drivers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

It's reporters trying to stay busy. I can't see the issue being widespread any time before the next 5 years. There may be some limited use within 5 years, but trucks are expensive, auto-driving will be even more expensive. The truck fleet will not be replaced within 5 years even if the new trucks spit out gold coins rather than diesel fumes.

4. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Just avatars. ;)

5. 1278PA

1278PA Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Don't worry nobody is trying to invent ways to make trucks fully automated. All the focus these days is on "smart" phones that's all people care about these days and where the big bucks are. Maybe they will come up with an app to make a truck drive itself lol

6. Jermin8r92

Jermin8r92 Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2016
    I haven't been on for a while been really busy. They are pushing us into the same big companies Schneider maverick ,HO Walding , swift, ABF. I'm wanting to do flatbed I want a place that takes care of their drivers good first year company then after that go heavy.

7. Jermin8r92

Jermin8r92 Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2016
    I also would like to say thanks for all the good info I appreciate it:)

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Check these flatbed companies or companies that have flatbed divisions and see if they interest you:
    System Transport
    Halvor Lines
    Jones Bros. Trucking
    Calex Logistics
    Pride Transport
    Universal Truckload - flats & heavy haul & over dimensional/military loads also.
    Melton Truck Lines

Apply to all of them, then take the best offer. All listed above hire new cdl grads so if the website has "experience required" ignore it and apply anyway.

9. Jubal3

Jubal3 Heavy Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Central WA
    The industry is decent for drivers for a minimum of thirty more years. The infrastructure costs to make this happen will be enormous and there isn't the will/need to spend that kind of money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.