Truckotel

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Steve6514, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Steve6514

Steve6514 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2021
    Does anyone remember the Truckotel?...I think it was in Perry Florida on US 19...It might be gone 20-30 years now?

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    The only places I know of on US 19 up that way is the WACO Travel Plaza and the Bett's T restaurant that used to be Bett T's Truck Stop.

Steve6514 Thanks this.
  4. Steve6514

Steve6514 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2021
    Ya Betts was in Chiefland and still a Truckstop and within and hour of my house back when I was there ....but this place was much farther north and I can't remember it ...Except for the sign and a weed covered lot...Not even any trace of buildings or even fuel islands as I remember it ...Then maybe in the 80s or even the 70s?...They cleared it out and built a fancy new bank on the site...
    but I do remember the old sign...as black with white lettering...Maybe even enameled ...like some of the old gas station signs from the day...

I was hoping some old timer or local could set me straight...I'd sure like to know?....Another long gone one that I remember fondly... I think was The Old Windmill in Lansing Michigan...really nice when I was there...great food 24/7...great store and laundry....even a Motel!

5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Another company was going to reopen the Windmill in 2019. Put all new gas pumps in for the cars and were going bring the stop back to life. Don't know what happened there. Shut down there a few times in winter of the way to G.Rapids and the food was always good.

Flat Earth Trucker and Steve6514 Thank this.
  6. Steve6514

Steve6514 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2021
    When did they close the Windmill down?....was it good up until the end....Or did it get all run down like so many others sadly did?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.