Trucks Collide Head On

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Grouch, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    VIDEO: Fiery semi crash closes westbound lanes on I-40 - WBBJ TV

If you can get the video to play, you will see, in my opinion, the tire tracks thru the median of the eastbound truck. I have always had a lingering thought on why the government spends millions on guardrails but yet, never put barriers in the median to keep this type of accident from happening. As you can see, there is nothing at all to prevent a vehicle from crossing the median and colliding with the traffic going the opposite direction. What caused this accident is unknown but a barrier in the median could possibly prevented the accident.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    This type of accident is my biggest fear, you can do everything right, and some guy blows a steer tire, or strokes out and comes across the median and takes you out.

I guess if it’s your time, there isn’t a dang thing you can do about it.

4. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    RIP to the deceased.

We can’t sterilize every driving environment, especially with those stupid cable systems. A semi-truck runs them right over, while they tear the crap out of anything else that comes into contact with them. Imagine being a motorcyclist hitting that system. The rider(s) will be desecrated. If a vehicle driver dozes off or is distracted and drops off the pavement, they can’t simply ease back on, because that system grabs hold of the vehicle and destroys it. I can’t imagine how much worse the injuries are or how many millions of dollars that system costs and is costing. It’s a system our government of idiots signed off on, making their connections even more wealthy, while we the people foot the bill. You don’t see that cable system along an expressway anywhere else in the world. Why? Because it’s been proven dangerous.

I have far less concern on the interstates than I do on 2-lanes and in towns. The chances of an accident are exponentially higher in those two areas, than on the big road. I wonder if we should attempt to sterilize them, next?

5. Vampire

Vampire Medium Load Member

May 14, 2011
    Transylvania
    I believe the private production of roads would have more capital to spend on road safety, construction and minimizing traffic for their customers that use the road. There's so much waste in road construction and most of it is so poorly managed, it's no wonder why the "infrastructure is crumbling".

Crude Truckin' and Grouch Thank this.
  6. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    I have to bite my tongue when I see problems that really need attention go untouched and money is wasted on other projects. If you have traveled south on 1-81 thru Va. you have to have the same thoughts.

7. Vampire

Vampire Medium Load Member

May 14, 2011
    Transylvania
    I have and I hear you.

8. Bozwik

Bozwik Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2022
    Mars, USA
    My greatest fear is another semi coming up from behind, tailgating and slamming into me. You do everything to be safe while driving in snowy conditions or fog and then comes along some inexperienced idiot and slams into the back of you.

9. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    I vote for semi truck ejection seats!

Screenshot_20221124-133356_YouTube.jpg

10. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    Haha! That landing, though. :D

11. Bozwik

Bozwik Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2022
    Mars, USA
    You would probably get a "abandoned vehicle" on your record.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.