true scoop on Stevens

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by NYTXN, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    I averaged a bit over 2800 per week as a solo driver this year so far. That includes home time.
    All Stevens trucks have APUs now
    Trucks are governed to 62mph during your first two years solo. Then you can be tuned up to 66 if you don't do Canada.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wtank7588

Wtank7588 Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2011
    denver,colo
    I know I don't know much about trucking! but when every one talks about money I never about counting the kind of free truck if you'r a company driver.

4. Snakeman 02

Snakeman 02 Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Netcong,NJ
    how much miles you get a week driving solo

5. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    it varies but i avg about 2900 a week

6. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

It's interesting to me how many times I see the same questions asked in the same forum by different people. I guess nobody reads anymore.

7. AT Wolf

AT Wolf Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    BFE, Washington
    Looking at these wages, all i know is i will make out pretty well, even on the low end. No wife or girlfriend, no kids, my 4x4 truck is paid off, car is paid off, and i am renting a room from a friend, which once i get on the road, i won't have rent anymore. Even right now being a warehouse supervisor, i make 550 a week gross, so i have no problem running a month or two at a time without a day off. And only goes up from there. This whole getting started is just a spring board to getting into a more local company making better wages, so i know i have to put in "my time" to get on with a local gig w/ good pay

DenaliDad and Dryver Thank this.
  8. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Rational, thought out, has a plan, finances in order . . . What planet are you from?:biggrin_2559: You fall into a very small group that join the trucking industry with his eyes wide open, good luck.

AT Wolf Thanks this.
  9. AT Wolf

AT Wolf Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    BFE, Washington

I know right?? lol well, i talked to a recruiter at Stevens, they said they want to "invest" in me, so suppose to call back tomorrow, and find out more...with any luck, will be in dallas soon.

10. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Wow. Familiar words...:biggrin_2551:

11. S3Zyklon

S3Zyklon Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Leeds, AL
    Good luck. I'm very much in the exact same boat as you. I'm "hired" when I decide it's time, which will probably be in about two weeks. I'm not stressing myself over the pay and the OTR part, as any starter job will not make you rich when you are starting out with no experience. I'll pay my dues, do my job, get my experience, then find something regional and stay close to home for more pay. Though I may have that route available now. The reason I said I'm "hired" is I have another job pending, I won't find out until middle of next week. Local, smaller company, flat bed, awesome pay and benifits, no more than 500 miles from my front door and guaranteed home weekends.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.