TRUX headlight assemblies

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Hughjazz, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Hughjazz

Hughjazz Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2017
    I desperately need to upgrade my headlights on my t800.

Im considering the trux tled h102 set. It's a complete replacement assembly the will swap out both lights with an enclosed assembly. Anyone have these? do they like them? it seems like the lumens are similar to the jw speaker, but the set is going to be about $600 less.

Black Universal LED Projector Headlight Assembly (Driver Side)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    If the lens aren’t heated I’d stay away.....

I’ve got a truck light set of led projectors and they snow pack brutality.... they are unusable in the snow......

I now take them out for the winter......

TGUNKEL Thanks this.
  4. Star4900

Star4900 Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    Don't know about their headlights but I am running these lights on the front bumpers of my truck.
    6" Super Powered LED Work Lamp (Spot Beam | 5400 Lumens) - Oval Work Lamps - Work Lamps

You get about one season before LED's go out and they are always full of water inside and the lens scratch and cloud up quick. I don't find them good quality, but my dealer keeps replacing them for free constantly so I just keep replacing them, LOL.

5. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Hope they aren't on when anyone else is on the road. These ####ty LED headlight setups are a scourge.

starmac Thanks this.
  6. Star4900

Star4900 Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    No, I have enough common courtesy to shut them off when I see the glow of on-coming traffic coming. They are wired in with my high beams so I only have one switch to worry about. But I know what you mean. 80% of the population nowadays is stupid and ignorant.

I run in moose country so lights are your friend.

starmac and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  7. SAR

SAR Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2011
    ND
    @snowman_w900 ordered a pair for his truck. I'm waiting to see if he likes them before I pull the trigger.

The guys he talks to that are running them are happy with the results.

spsauerland and snowman_w900 Thank this.
  8. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    I need to get them installed. So far the feed back I got from the guys running them was good.

As soon as I get them in, I'll let you guys know my opinion.

spsauerland, Tug Toy and SAR Thank this.
  9. Hughjazz

Hughjazz Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2017
    well I bought the set with the black background today. $925 CAD :( I'm installing them tomorrow, so I can post some pics of what the finished product looks like. I'm just starting night driving season, so I needed to do something

10. wschuette

wschuette Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Has anyone had issues with both beams working properly? I've got a '97 379 that I'm trying to put these on and I'll plug them in according to what the instructions show and the lo beams, halos, and marker/turn signal works fine. Then i'll hit the hi beams button and everything goes out but the actual lo beams stay on, no hi beams come on and the halos and marker lights turn off as well. So i tried switching the lo and hi beam plug ins around to where the hi beam plug in on the headlight is hooked up with the lo beam outlet on the truck and lo beam on the headlight is hooked up to hi beam outlet on the truck. Now all the lights work including hi beams, only problem is the truck is still on the lo beam setting. Was wondering if anybody had any thoughts?

11. Hughjazz

Hughjazz Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2017
    On mine, I remember a hiccup of some sort. Do you have daytime running lights? On mine, when I turn on the HB all other lights go off. When on low beam the low /halo /markers are all on

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.