Trying Something New

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Grunny, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Grunny

Grunny Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Starting something new on Mon. Going to be a tanker driver. Been doing flatbed and Dump trailers for 3 years. This company is starting a new tanker division hauling adhesives out west.
    It will be nice to get tanker exp for a change. Pay seems to be pretty good from what I can find on here and other places. .43 mile loaded and unloaded (so they say for the unloaded) and detention pay after one hr.
    Buying new Pete's and tanks, they are flying me and another guy up to canada to pick up our trucks and loads to get started.
    Would be lying if I said I wasent excited!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kittyfoot

Kittyfoot Crusty Ancient

Sep 21, 2009
    Sorrento, Louisiana
    Did you tell em "Tank you, tank you vurry much"?:biggrin_2559:

LaBubba Thanks this.
  4. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Congrats and good luck Grunny! My company is a dump company that had diversified into tanks as well, hauling spring water locally to a nearby bottling facility.

5. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Adhesives will qualify as 'ooey & Gooey!'

6. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Good luck and it sounds like a great "gig"!:biggrin_25525:

7. Grunny

Grunny Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Got home fri for the wekend. went to canada to train and pick up my tractor. Hauling latex for paint and glue. Nice truck Pete 386, super singles. had 196 miles on it when i got it. Auto with manual ..getting use to it will take some time.
    took my first load to cleveland and didnt relise the soupier the load the more it beat u stopping and starting..
    The one thing i found that I HATE on this truck is the bendix camera system that beeps all the time when you get around traffic. had a big truck slide in front of me on the freeway and the dumb thing hit the brakes.scared the crap out of me!

One thing for sure is the guys at the tank wash dont make enough money having to deal with all the toxic crap.

8. LaBubba

LaBubba Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Bastrop,LA
    Congrats on the new gig.You will get used to the surge and use the manual shift mode to control it.Takes a little time.

9. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    I don't want to drive a truck that brakes for me...forget all that jazz.

OPUS 7 and Voyager1968 Thank this.
  10. craggy1982

craggy1982 Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2012
    KY
    that bendix system is a bunch of hogwash. i drive a truck with that system and im constantly fighting the company about it. they want to write you up everytime it lights up plus tied in with rollover and abs systems. whatever happened to you driving the truck. what really irritates me is the person monitoring it is a college graduate who never drove a truck. maybe i would have a little bit of respect if it was somebody who drove monitoring it. Ill never say im the perfect driver and yes i can improve but in 9 years of driving a rig ive never had an incident knock on wood. but that doesnt mean squat with this guy.

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.