trying to find a job after accident

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by lazriel1988, Dec 18, 2014.

1. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    And you really think that advice is going to help the OP? Aside from the fact it's a ridiculous statement and rather useless, what does it solve. It's called a mistake and we can all make them, I doubt he was out hot rodding his truck and then it all went down hill.

Milkman719 and Dumdriver Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    A mistake that cost him a job and possibly a career.

tucker Thanks this.
  4. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Captain obvious,..

Again,.. how does that remark help the OP?

Instead of focusing on the negative,.. how about something positive. I have no doubt he has been through hell and back with his family, friends and anyone who would listen over what happened to him.

Instead of rubbing it in,.. post a helpful suggestion.

Hurst:smt111

5. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    EDIT:

Sigh

6. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I helped. By telling him to find another line of work. All the wishing and asking for a miracle isn't going to feed his kids. Another job will.

Dinomite and Flybynight041 Thank this.
  7. Flybynight041

Flybynight041 Medium Load Member

Dec 9, 2014
    So why was my post deleted for bickering? ARENT all the other posts trying to bash us bickering as well?

Ill agree with Joseph. Asking and hoping for a miracle won't feed your family. Another job will. If you cannot find another job driving a semi, that's not the end of the world. The OP can still operate a forklift, and likely make more money doing that than he would driving a truck.

8. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    This is not the political section.

Stay on topic and be helpful. Or at least suggestive for the sake of the OP.

Its too close to Christmas, bashing and stating the obvious is not what the OP needs right now.

I dont want to go back and forth on this taking this post off topic.

If you want to discuss this with me, take it to pm's.

Dumdriver Thanks this.
  9. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    OP. have you tried knocing on some smaller company doors? i got on with a 16 truck company. it will be hard. but dont give up. it took me 3 months of searching. if this is what you REALLY want to do. you will keep on hunting.

10. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    i hope op still is here. theres guys at my company that rolled over the truck more than once in their career at swift/central and are still here. go ahead and keep applying. someone stated even intermodal wont touch him. bull crap. come to chicago and see the guys pulling these containers many have multiple accidents and tickets on their records. your good man. youll find something. if your willing to come to chicago. http://www.loadmatch.com/directory/drayage.cfm?city_code=CHI call the numbers here i bet you they will take you. and you know what most if not all are no force dispatch. dont got to listen to me. but i just feel bad because it was a mistake and it happens.

11. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    I know this is a kind of dead thread now, but didn't this cat say he is now driving 20 hrs a day and sleeping 3hrs. Some of you folks need to stop pulling the mistake card for negligent behavior. You can't feed your family from jail dude.

Flybynight041 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.