Trying to join SFI. NEED SOME ADVICE FROM EXPERIENCE DRIVER PLEASE

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by arif shah, Jun 18, 2021.

1. NewbiesLandstar

NewbiesLandstar Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2021
    Hey. We Did It, We start in April 2021 Lease the truck 2021 frightened Cascadia to SFI and work with Landstar. Payment to SFI is $1,123.32 that covers truck payment AND escrow every week. Landstar provides insurance, plates, permits and we pay them weekly. example $11.11 permits, $38.89 plate. Airtime $34.75 Also, Monthly payment of $736.83 for insurance Landstart take 35% of the Line Huel After all the payments (including discounting the fuel and tolls) we still have a good leftover around $2K a week. I think we can do better but my husband (the driver) likes to come home every 2 weeks, and he don't like loads over 30k, doesn't like to go to the New England area, sometimes is challenging to find a load that he likes. I'm the wife dispatcher and general manager

jsnell, a.paul, dwells40 and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Congrats. Open up your searches with more trailer types. POWR and TOWY loads can work great if they're round trip and give you a place to park your regular trailer, or if you have such a place near home or can find a return trip. There's also VAN and 53VN of course, plus another I think called VANV for vented van, which most Landstar vans are. I didn't even learn about VANV until after I got my reefer. :confused:

NewbiesLandstar and dwells40 Thank this.
  4. Newrookmiami

Newrookmiami Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2017
    Miami Florida
    How has it been so far? Do you guys do van or flatbed? And also how is it that your payments and escrow amount to 1123 can you give me a breakdown of how that’s calculated please

5. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    Run. I saved 30%. I pay $1500 a month for 42 months. At this price, you can make money, at 1000 a week, its hard. One major breakdown (ALL EMMISSIONS TRUCKS BREAK DOWN) and for 8 weeks you dont collect a cent.

SFI lets you run for landstar?

Also Landstar is rebrokered crap, and low rates.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.